Search for content in message boards

Penna. Families

Penna. Families

Posted: 914760000000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1104212323000
Surnames: Ertel, Limbaugh, Sallada
Looking for family members from 1700 to present.

My Pa. German Ancestors

Bette Millaway (View posts)
Posted: 920203200000
Surnames: WEISEL, WETZEL, DETWEILER, MESSER, HECKMAN, WEBER, WILLMOT, WILLMET, UNANGST, FULMER, SHELLENBERGER, DRACH, DIEFENBACH, SOLLIDAY, LAUX, HEUNZ, KIEFFER, STONEBACK, STEINBACH, KELLER, KLEINDINST, SCHAEFER, HEIST, JULICH, LADEMACHER, DEER, DURR, DERR, BERK, ECKHARD, ECKARD, FOX, FUCHS, METZGER, OBERBECK, FRANKENFELD, MILLS, BEITELMAN, MARSH, PAULUS, GLOAS, GLASS, HOOVER

These are my Pennsylvania German/Dutch surnames, from
Bucks, Montgomery, Northampton, Leigh, Philadelphia & Bedford Counties. I'm Interested in corresponding with other members of my direct families to hopefully extend them back into Europe.. Bette (Weisel) Millaway.
millaway@favorites.com

Kieffer

Bette Millaway (View posts)
Posted: 920548800000
Nora: my Kieffer s lived only in Bedminster Twp. Bucks Co. Pa. as far as I know. My Susannah Kieffer married Georg Michael Weissel somewhere in Germany. They came to Pa. 1732, ship William and Pink. Susannah was supposedly from Goersdorf, Germany. Bette

Keiffer

Nora (View posts)
Posted: 920548800000
Surnames: Keiffer
Hi, I am looking for any Keiffers in the Pa. area around Somerset. Ella or Elanora Keiffer who married a Stoddard. Any info would bw appreciated. Thanks. Nora
Posted: 921067200000
Edited: 994528276000
Surnames: Ernstberger, Rausch, Fuch
Bette,

I am looking for information about a Christian Fuch (Fox) who married Maria Magdalena Rausch Ernstberger about 1754. She was the widow of George Heinrich Ernstberger. They were married in Lancaster co, Donegal twp. They later moved to York county, which became Adams county, They are both buried in the Arendtsville cemetery in Arendtsville, Adams county, PA. Maria died 9 Dec 1802 I know very little else about Christian. Does this fit with anything you have??

Keller/Beidleman

Posted: 923659200000
Edited: 1009509265000
Surnames: Keller, Kurtz, Beidleman, Schaeffer, Bauman
I have a wallet size portrait of a George Beidleman taken in Bloomsburg, PA. sometime in the late 1800s which belonged to my grandmother. Sophia B. Bidleman was my grandmother's aunt, a daughter of Henry Gehring Kurtz and Sarah A. Bauman, and granddaughter of John William Kurtz and Anna Maria Keller. Many of the Keller men married wives named Schaeffer. Spelling of Beitleman name varied greatly.
Posted: 923659200000
Edited: 1076510484000
Surnames: WETZEL, MERTZ, MERZ
I am looking for information on Valentine Wetzel born in PA in the early 1800s. He may have been Valentine Junior. He married a German-born girl named Rosa and ended up in Louisville, Ky in 1860. He had a daughter named Lillie Barbara who married Abram Akers. Please let me know if you have heard of this family. Thanks.
Posted: 923832000000
Edited: 1019098377000
Surnames: Hoover, Hofnagle, Hufnagle, Vanderslice
Bette, I noticed Hoover in your family tree. Do you have any information on a Andrew Hoover who married a Effie Hofnagle Dec. 31, 1849 in Darke Co., Ohio?

I have a woven blanket made for Andrew Hoover and Effie Hufnagle passed down to me from generation to generation.

I have no information on either of these people, but suspect Effie was related to my great-great-great grandfather, either a sister, or???

If you should have any info, I would be very happy to hear from you.

I know the Hufnagles were born in Lancaster Pa., but moved to Ohio, Ill., and our family ended up in Nebraska. Some of us are now in Minnesota.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks,
Ruthann Meyer Hufnagle
Posted: 924264000000
Edited: 1073104908000
Surnames: ECKARD, ECKARDT, Von ECKARDT
I am looking for Augustus von Eckardt who married a Catherine Weber. He died in 1825? and Catherine in 1826? She was from Philadelphia and Augusutus was from Germany. Children included William (b.1815), Augustus (b. 1820), Louisa (b 1822), Washington, Mary, Elizabeth and two others. After Augustus senior and Catherine died some of the children moved to Illinois. Family history says the Eckards moved to Illinois from Perry County. Louisa married George Leopard before? coming to Illinois. Elizabeth married a Tolbert Prater. Any help?

Keller, Schaeffer

Posted: 924264000000
Edited: 1009509265000
Surnames: Keller, Schaeffer
I have accepted the Johan Peter Keller family genealogy as written and published in "Pennsylvania Genealogies" by Egle at face value and, being so far away from the localities involved, have not tried to verify the data by documentation other than that. If anyone has access to any of the verification, I hope you will post the documents to the Keller boards on GenWeb. The only part that I have real family records knowledge of is concerning the descendants of Anna Maria Keller and William Kurtz. Some of their relatives include Schaeffer and Bidleman/Beitleman. The families all lived in Lancaster, Snyder, Juniata, Schuylkill and adjacent counties.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic