Search for content in message boards

Lingenfelter Archives - James McDonald

Lingenfelter Archives - James McDonald

Posted: 1451273674000
Classification: Query
Surnames: McDonald
Hello,

Through my research I came across information in the Lingenfelter Archives (http://www.csuchico.edu/lbib/spc/lingenfelter/M/ling_m2.pdf) for James S. McDonald (page 2).

I believe this is my 4th great-grandfather. I am descended from his daughter (Mary Jane of Jersey City, NJ). My research indicates James lived in Jersey City with his family until after 1860, when he disappears from the records. I have found several voter registration records suggesting he lived in Shasta around 1875. The archives indicate he died in Red Bluff in 1885.

Is anyone familiar with this archive, or knows how I can research more for him in this area? The archive lists that there was a will. I am very unfamiliar with this area and would appreciate any local assistance.

Best of luck with your personal research,
Allison (NJ & PA)

Re: Lingenfelter Archives - James McDonald

Posted: 1454026482000
Hi,

I believe that Lingenfelter Archives is located at the Chico State Univeristy, www.csuchico.edu/about/index.shtml. They are probably located in their library.

I can look online for more info about James but need to know about when and where he was born.

Re: Lingenfelter Archives - James McDonald

Posted: 1454026608000
Hi,

I believe that the Lingerfelter Archives is located at Chico State Univeristy, Chico, Butte, California, www.csuchico.edu/about/index.shtml. The Archives are probably located in their library.

I can look up additional info about James online but I need to know about when and where he was born.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic