Search for content in message boards

Chandler Surname

Chandler Surname

Dick Chandler (View posts)
Posted: 916920000000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Chandler Queries
As a member of the Guild of One-Name Studies, I am researching all occurrences of the Chandler surname, worldwide, going back as far as possible. I am presently computerising the 20,000 Chandlers I already know about. I would be very grateful if visitors to this list would send me details of their Chandlers. In return, when the computerisation is sufficiently well advanced, I will see if I can add to your knowledge of your ancestry.

There is no catch in this - it is pure private research and I am certainly not doing this for money!

Thanks in anticipation, and good wishes

Dick Chandler
London England

Chandlers

Alma Chandler Rounds (View posts)
Posted: 919080000000
Surnames: Chandlers
I am a direct descendant of William Chandler & Annis Bayford through Thomas Chandler & Hanna Brewer through Henry Chandler & Lydia Abbot through Nehemiah Chandler & Mary Burroughs through Samuel B. Chandler & Margaret Thompson through James Chandler & Abigail Vilas through Lyman Chandler & Mary Ann Elizabeth Glover through Henry Franklin Chandler & Alma Dinsmore through Herbert Guy Chandler & Bessie Viola Darling through my father Earle Franklin Chandler and my mother Agnes Cordelia Bell. I have three brothers Herbert Martin, Earle Franklin, Jr. and Carl Edward. The last of this line of Chandlers would be Carls son Christopher Sherman Chandler. Most of us live in New England, USA, however, my nephew does spend a lot of time in England. He is most interested in finding our English Ancestors. I have pulled information from the Internet regarding a Thomas Chandler born in ? Herts, Eng.. about 1475. If you have any information regarding where Christopher might begin his search for our English ancestors we would appreciate it. Thank you for your anticipated response. Alma Chandler Rounds

One-Name Guild

Harry Maltby (View posts)
Posted: 919598400000
Surnames: Chandler, Maltby
I read a lot between the lines on your message.
Guild of One-Name Studies?
I have promoted the concept that first individuals should pick a specific surname and get the tree organized and then create complete indexes. I did this about 20 some years ago on the Maltby family and can almost answer anyones questions. My mom has done the same for Carter and McNamara.
Please tell me about how I can find out about the One-Name Studies group.

With relationship to inquires on Chandler. This is the one person in our tree of 17,000 Maltby relatives which I really need to tie down. She is my paternal gggggrandmother.
Any Chandlers in the New Haven or Goshen Conn. area in and around b. late 1730s. Joseph Maltby married Lois Chandler and raised a family there for some years. They then moved to Utica and on over to Henrietta NY area. Being buried we believe in the Tylerville NY cemetery.
Any possibably that you are familiar with any Chandlers which had a daughter Lois that would potentially meet with this criteria.
Thank,
Harry Maltby

Chandler, Lois 1735+ Conn.

Harry Maltby (View posts)
Posted: 919598400000
Surnames: Chandler, Maltby
Any Chandlers in the New Haven or Goshen Conn. area in and around b. late 1730s. We believe Joseph Maltby married Lois Chandler and had kids there. They then moved to Utica and on over to Henrietta NY area. Being buried we believe in the Tylerville NY cemetery.
Any possibably that you are familiar with any Chandlers which had a daughter Lois that would potentially meet with this criteria.
Thank,
Harry

Guild of One-Name Studies (GOONS)

Posted: 919771200000
Edited: 1114714184000
Surnames: Chandler, Hadath
Hello Harry
I will look into your query about Lois Chandler and get back to you directly by e-mail as soon as I can.

You can find out about the Guild of One-Name Studies on Web site http://www.one-name.org and I hope it interests you. The names Maltby, which you have researched, and Carter and McNamara (researched by your mom) are not currently being researched by any member of the Guild. Perhaps you might be interested in registering your studies?

All the best for now

Dick Chandler
Guild of One-Name Studies Member no. 2767
London England

Alma Chandler Rounds' Query

Posted: 919771200000
Surnames: Chandler, Hadath
For the interest of other readers of this Query List, Alma Chandler Rounds and I have been exchanging direct e-mails since she posted her query. I have been able to supply her (without charge, of course) with a tentative lineage back to Thomas Chandler (1468-1551) and Agnes Chandler (c1472-1514) of Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire, England. Alma's nephew and I hope to meet up when he visits England again later this year, and visit this part of England together.
Dick Chandler
Guild Of One-Name Studies Member no. 2767
London England

CHANDLER

Ross B Kenzie (View posts)
Posted: 920376000000
Hello,
I am looking for more information on the Chandler line. I am sending you the information that I presently have and maybe you can help fill in some blanks. I go back as far as Thomas Chandler who has a son John b. c1602. John married Annie ??? and they had 2 sons, George b. c 1633 d. 12/13/1687 and John. George married Jane ??? They left their home at Greathodge in Wiltshire, England, in 1687 with there seven children. He died at sea. Their children were 1) Swithin b. 6/24/1674, 2)Jane m. Robert Jeffries, 3)George m. Ruth Bezer, 4)Thomas m. Mary Mankin, 5)William m. Ann Bowater, 6)Charity d. young, 7)Ann m. Samuel Robins d. 8/10/1758 Philadelphia, PA.
Swithin(1) married Ann Bowater and settled in Birmingham on the Brandywine but subsequently removed to Christiana Hundred, DE. Their children were 1) Jacob b 2/9/1704-5, 2) Charity b 1/20/1706-7 d bef 3/30/1751 m. John Nichols 3/1/1727-28 in Kennett-Newark MM, Chester Co., PA, 3)Ann b 2/1/1708-9, 4) Jane b 3/11/1710-11 5)Sarah b 3/20/1712-13, 6) Swithin b 10/1/1715 d 11/21/1773 m Ann Wilson, 7) Thomas b 10/3/1718,8)Margaret b 5/6/1721, 9) Mary b 5/18/1723, 10) Phebe b 3/31/1726, 11) Betty b 1/28/1728-29, 12)Hannah b 4/4/1732.
Charity(2) married John Nichols which is my line so my Chandlers end here.
Hope this helps! If you can fill me in at all let me know.

Chandler

Posted: 921758400000
Edited: 1091154167000
Surnames: CHANDLER, CALHOUN, CANTERBURY, GRAY, STEELE, MASK, HAYS

My mother is a Chandler. Her father was Frank Rasberry
Chandler (b. 1898).His father was Samuel Marion Chandler ,
who had a brother named Francis Rasberry Chandler.
Their father was Francis Rasberry Chandler (1840-1928)
and his father was Francis Rasberry Chandler (<1800-~1867).
The first one married a Hays, the second one a Mask, the
third one a Canterbury, and the fourth one a Calhoun. All
these Chandlers were in Claiborne and Bossier Parishes
in north Louisiana. I wonder where the Rasberry name came
from? I can send you my file if you like. Would appreciate
any help going back another generation or so. Thanks!--
Dave Roach

Winona June Chandler, 1932-1999, Tennessee

Posted: 922449600000
Edited: 993224261000
Surnames: CHANDLER, SAMSIL, GREENHILL, KEATTS
The (Clarksville, TN) Leaf-Chronicle, March 26, 1999, p B2:

Winona June Chandler, 66, 228 Circle Hill Drive, died Thursday, March 25, 1999, at Clarksville Memorial Hospital.

The funeral will be at 2p.m. Sunday at Sykes Funeral Home, Dover, with Gerald Tenney officiating. Burial will be in Greenwood Cemetary.

Visitation will be Saturday from 1 until 9 p.m. and Sunday at 12:30 p.m. until the hour of service at the funeral home. Sykes Funeral Home, Clarksville, is in charge.

She was born Oct. 1, 1932, in Stewart County, daughter of Lee Samsil and Nannie Earhart Samsil. She was the widow of Jesse Chandler Jr.

Mrs. Chandler was a homemaker and member of Madison Street Church of Christ.

Survivors include three sons, Tim L. Chandler, Phillip Chandler, and Mark Todd Chandler, all of Clarksville; and 8 grandchildren.

Pallbearers will be Jason Chandler, Josh Chandler, David Greenhill, Matt Chandler, Nolan Keatts, Steven Greenhill, Jeremy Chandler and Terry Greenhill.

Winona June Chandler

Posted: 922622400000
Surnames: Chandler
Thanks to Robert Emerson Bell III for posting details of the funeral arrangements for Winona June Chandler of Clarksville TN. May she rest in peace. Condolences to her family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic