Search for content in message boards

Susanna Bradford - wife of Ezekial Richardson -Dau of Gov William Bradford???

Susanna Bradford - wife of Ezekial Richardson -Dau of Gov William Bradford???

Posted: 995846080000
Surnames: Bradford, Richardson, May
I am looking for the parents of Susanna Bradford, born abt 1615, probably in England. Susanna married Ezekiel Richardson of Woburn 25 February 1628/29. Susanna married twice, Ezekiel was her first husband.

I believe her parents to be Gov William Bradford and Dorothy May, but I have not been able to confirm as yet. Does anyone have documentation regarding her parentage?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Patricia Thayer
arachne@townisp.com

Re: Susanna Bradford - wife of Ezekial Richardson -Dau of Gov William Bradford???

Posted: 1000085941000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ezekial Richardson
Im looking on the same line, and wondering if you found out for sure Suasanna Bradfords parents. I'm a direct descendant of Ezekial Richardson and Susanna Bradford. I have some information on them coming to America in 1630 on the Winthrop Fleet. If your interested let me know.
Thanks for any info.

Re: Susanna Bradford - wife of Ezekial Richardson -Dau of Gov William Bradford???

Patricia Thayer (View posts)
Posted: 1007590169000
Lisa - I have not been able to find any record of Susanna's birth. It has become apparent that Gov. Bradford is not her father. Ezekial and Susannah are my 10th g-grandparents. Did they arrive on the Arabella in 1630? I would be very interested in anything you would like to share. My line is through their daughter Phoebe.

Pat

Lisa Hughes (View posts)
Posted: 1007655488000
Surnames: Richardson
This is exciting. I dont have time until after the holidays but heres some notes I have on Ezekial. I'll get in touch soon. I'd like to get your line included with mine.
my email is
smercantil@aol.com
Bye Lisa

Ezekial came to America with the Winthrop fleets of 1630. His brothers Thomas and Samuel came in 1636.
In 1630 there were seventeen ships in the Winthrop Fleet, that carried at least 1000 passengers from England.
They united with others in the Foundation of Wo burn, Massachusetts in 1641.
Ezekial came right before the Rev. War. He was the the battle of Bunker Hill, the surrender of Cornwallis He was from Kent, England.
Will on file in Suffolk Probate office.
Lived on Richardson row (now Washington St.) 1/2 mile north of the present Winchester, included in the town of Wo burn.
Ezekial was appointed constable of Chelmsford in 1633.

These notes came from the Book The Winthrop fleets of 1630.
Ezekial probably came form the South Southeast of England.
Eleven of Winthrops ships had arrived by July 1630, Ezekial arrived by July 6th. Records show Church gathered in Charles town Aug 27, 1630. Which became the first church of Boston. He was dismissed to start an new church with 33 others October 14,1632 The present first church in Charles town.
He was admitted a freeman of the colony May 18,1631.

Abook Phyllis has states The Richardson are descendants of old Danes who conquered England.
Came from Kent, England in 1630

Posted: 1207248737000
Surnames: Richardson, Bradford
I too am a direct relative of Ezekiel and Susanna (Bradford) Richardson. Do you have any more info on her parents. Thanks for your time. My email is CCarter151@peoplepc.com

Posted: 1207582056000
Sorry Carolyn. I have not been able to find a single clue regarding the parentage of Susannah.

Posted: 1245073211000
Surnames: Bradford Richardson
This is frustrating! We all link back to Susanna (father of Theophilus Richardson) but cannot proceed further. I recently bought the book "Plymouth Colony" by Eugene Aubrey Stratton and Susanna is not listed one of Governor William Bradford's children.

From whence did she come?

Joan

Posted: 1250846406000
Surnames: Bradford, Richardson
From my research i know that susannah Bradford is NOT the daughter of the famous leader of the Plymouth colony. I also have not been able to find her parents, but with all of looking maybe that will change.

Posted: 1302077691000
I am also a direct descendant of Ezekiel Richardson and Susanna Bradford through their son Theophilus. I found a Bradford connection through Henry Brooks, Susanna's second husband. Brooks' father, Thomas Brooks (1566-1591), married another Susanna Bradford (1570-1592), daughter of William Bradford (grandfather of Plymouth Gov. William Bradford), and Alice Morton (1536-1600). Susanna and Henry Brooks had children, so if Susanna WAS related to William Bradford (i.e., as an illegitimate child conceived before he married first wife Dorothy May, (I have Susanna's b date as 1610), then the Brooks marriage makes a double connection. I haven't found any evidence that Susanna is the daughter of Gov. William Bradford, though. I wonder if she is a close relative of Gov. William, however, since her husband Ezekiel and his brothers were treated very, very well by Gov. Winthrop. Interesting! A.R.

Posted: 1320270712000
I found a link for a UK geneaologist with some information about Susanna and Ezekiel Richardson:

http://treetreetree.org.uk/Richardson.htm
per page

Find a board about a specific topic