Search for content in message boards

MAURER from Rheinburg

MAURER from Rheinburg

Posted: 1071679009000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1113802815000
Surnames: Maurer
My great-grandfather Frederick Maurer left Rheinburg, Germany in 1854bound for USA via Canada. Rheinburg is on the Swiss border above Zurich.How do I obtain info on other Maurer family members who lived in Rheinburg ?

Re: MAURER from Rheinburg

andi (View posts)
Posted: 1071834130000
Howard,
I was born and raised and raised up in that region, but I wasn't able to lacte Rheinberg on the map.
There are towns/ villages like:
- Rheinfelden (on both sides of the Rhine river, german and swiss, near Basel)
- Rheinsberg (part of Murg, Baden)
- Rheinheim (near Waldshut, today part of Kuessaberg, my home town)
- Rheinau (near Schaffhausen, Switzerland, but german)

Andi
Karlsruhe, Baden

Posted: 1071856487000
Edited: 1094853954000
Reply to andi:
RHEINBURG is on Rt. K6152, very close to GAILINGEN .

Posted: 1071857429000
Edited: 1094853954000
Andi

If you give me yoE-mail address I can scan you a copy of the mapsite I Have of RHEINBURG.

andi (View posts)
Posted: 1071917318000
Howard,
thanks, with your help I was able to find Rheinburg on the map. I think it's today part of Gailingen. I should have known it because as a student I had a summer job on a construction site in Gailingen several years ago.
The actual telephone listing shows no entry for Maurer in Gailingen. There's one Maurer family in Buesingen (a german exclave in Switzerland, direction Schaffhausen from Gailingen), and four Maurer families in Gottmadingen which includes Randegg, the next town to Gailingen. No idea if they are related to you. I know the Maurer surname also from other towns near Waldshut and Laufenburg.
A search at the online index for emigrees from the Ba-Wue area (Generallandesarchiv Karlsruhe) showed no match, but this just indicates that your ancestor probably left for America without a permission from the local authority.
Andi, Karlsruhe, Baden
per page

Find a board about a specific topic