Search for content in message boards

Anyone recognize any of these Manleys

Anyone recognize any of these Manleys

Posted: 1214689424000
Classification: Query
Surnames: manley, whelan, timlin, connly
I have direct links to a Mary Agnes Manley who moved to Jarrow, England from Ireland between 1850 and 1880. She married a Hugh Logan. She was born we believe around 1845 in Ireland.

She was the sister of a US Actor called Charles Manley. He died in 1916 in Hollywood and was married to an Amelia B. Not sure when he moved to US or where he lived between moving and his dieing.

I also have an address for a George Manley who lived in the 1930's to 1950's at 920 Myrtle Street, Seratone, PENN. Not sure of the connection but he was in my uncles address book.

We also have a Nellie Manley who I believe was a make up artist. She was related to/Close friend to a Grace Whelan and they lived in the 1940's to 1960's (We think) 21--35 First Street N W.
Washington.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Paul (UK)

Re: Anyone recognize any of these Manleys

Posted: 1215108897000
I find the spelling in your uncle's address book suspect. There is a 920 Myrtle Street in "Scranton" Pennsylvania, where many Manleys (originally Monnellys or Munnellys) from County Mayo settled. I keep a website on my family, which explains a little of that history:

http://members.cox.net/pjmanley/manley/john_1841.htm

Like others on this board, I'm getting a little intrigued by this actor fellow.

Peter Manley
San Diego

Re: Anyone recognize any of these Manleys

Posted: 1215110438000
Surnames: manley, monnelly, munelly
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply. It could very well be Scranton. It is hand written and 60 years old now.

County Mayo also rings a bell.

I have Charles Death Cert which shows him in Sunset Blvd when he died married to Amelia B. But nothing else really. Which is strange for someone who was a 'public' face (ish).

Great web site you have

Paul
per page

Find a board about a specific topic