Search for content in message boards

Allison O'Neil and wife

Allison O'Neil and wife

Posted: 1263067580000
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'Neil
Hi. Looking for an obituary for Edward "Allison" O'Neil, died 11 December 1995 in Miramichi, and obituary for his wife, Eileen (Fitzpatrick) O'Neil, died 20 March 2008 in Miramichi. Thanks

Re: Allison O'Neil and wife

Posted: 1264987846000
I knew both of these people as I am from Nelson - just not sure which funeral home did the funerals but will check it out for you - I may have the obits in my moms album- will check on that this week for you also

Posted: 1265063782000
Thanks, any help will be appreciated. Edward "Allison" O'Neil's mother was a sister to my grandfather, and I have been trying to fill in her information and descendants. I think that Allison's wife was at Mahar Funeral Home, but not 100% sure about it.

Posted: 1265073650000
that explains it - Maher's Funeral home is the only one in our area that does NOT have a website and you can't go back thru their obituaries and I had looked in the rest of the data from the others and nothing. However I am a cousin to the Al's daughter's husband and will contact him and let him answer this and I will check my mother's album to see if the obits are there

Posted: 1265113445000
O’NEIL, Allison E. ( d. Dec. 11, 1995 - age 75
Allison E. O’NEIL, 75, of 39 Sutton Rd., Nelson-Miramichi, passed away Monday, Dec. 11, 1995, at the Hotel Dieu Hospital, Chatham. Born in Chatham Head, he was the son of the late William and Alva
( JEFFERS ) O’NEIL. He was a clerk at Burchills and Lockharts, and attended St. Patricks Roman Catholic Church, Nelson-Miramichi. He was District Commissioner of Boy Scouts 301 NB and Scout Master of St. Patricks Boy Scouts. He served in with RCAF during WW II.
He is survived by his wife, Eileen FITZPATRICK; three sons: Kenneth, of Toronto, William, of Newcastle, and Glenn, of Nelson-Miramichi ; two daughters: Mrs. Paul SWEENEY ( Rose Marie ), of Nelson-Miramichi, and Marjorie LaROCQUE, of Lower Newcastle; two brothers: Hilton, of Oshawa, ON, and John, of Ottawa; five sisters: Mrs. Lloyd NEWCOMBE (Kitty ), of Winnipeg, Man., Mrs. Gerald ROY ( Barb ), of Belleville, ON, Mrs. Wallie BURMINGHAM ( Margueritte ), of Bowmanville, ON, Mrs. Gordon BAKER (Anna ) and Mrs. Hazel ( Billie ) O’NEIL, of Oshawa, ON; 10 grandchildren: Paula, Jamie, Dwayne, and Wendy SWEEZEY; Dugan, Allison, Brett, Carla, and Cheri-Lynn O’NEIL; and Chantal LaROCQUE; and several nieces and nephews.
The remains rested at Mahers funeral Home, Chatham. Mass of Christian burial was held at St. Patricks Roman Catholic Church, Nelson-Miramichi, Dec. 15 at 11 a.m. with Rev. Leon Creamer, Rev. B.M. Broderick, Rev. Henry McGrath, Rev. Reginald King, Rev. Bob Grattan, and Rev. Joe Woods. Organist was Jackie Allain.
Active pallbearers were: Tom FITZPATRICK, Blaine FOLEY, Charles MAHONEY, Paul SAULNIER, Paul DAWSON, and Mark LAWLOR. St. Patricks Boy Scout, and Senior Citizens Club, Nelson-Miramichi, formed an honor guard. Interment was in St. Patricks Cemetery.
Arrangements were under the care of Mahers Funeral Home.

Source: Miramichi Leader- December 19, 1995

Posted: 1265113536000
O’NEIL, Eileen ( FITZPATRICK ) d. March 20, 2008
Mrs. Eileen O’NEIL of 3 Coady St Miramichi passed away peacefully at her residence on Thursday, March 20th at the age of 87. Born in Nelson Miramichi she was the daughter of the late Thomas & Annie (HOLLAND) FITZPATRICK.
She is survived by daughters Rose Marie SWEENEY (Paul) Nelson Miramichi, Marjorie
LaROCQUE (Frank) of Miramichi, sons, Kenneth O’NEIL (Heather) of Mississauga Ont, William O’NEIL (Sondra) of Cassilis, Glenn O’NEIL (Cathy) of Miramichi, ten grandchildren and twelve great grandchildren, Last surviving member of the immediate family. She is predeceased by her husband Al O’NEIL, sisters, Theresa, Mae and Florence, one brother Gerald.
Mrs. Eileen O’NEIL rested at Maher’s Funeral Home Miramichi on Monday, March 24th from 2-4 & 7-9. Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated on Tuesday, March 25th at 11 a.m. from St Patrick’s Roman Catholic Church with Fr. Jim McQuade officiating.
Active pallbearers were Bill O’NEIL, James SWEENEY, Dwayne SWEENEY, Gary MURPHY, Frank DOLAN and Mark LAWLOR.
Honorary pallbearers were Residents of Nelson Senior Complex, Rita CASSIDY, Mary McFARLANE, Simone PIERCY, Elinor DOYLE, Florence HOLLAND and Evelyn SULLIVAN, Readers Paula SWEENEY and Wendy MURPHY. Organist, Jacqueline Allain.
The Friendly Neighbor Senior Citizens Club and the St. Patrick’s CWL formed a guard of honor. Interment will be in St Patrick’s Cemetery in the spring. Funeral arrangements were under the care of Maher’s Funeral Home Miramichi, NB. Telephone 773-4321.

Source: Miramichi Leader, March 28, 2008

Posted: 1265113795000
O’NEILL, Hilton Philip ( d. November 06, 2009 )
Hilton Philip O'NEILL of Oshawa, late of Chatham Head, New Brunswick, after a brief illness, Hilton O'NEILL passed away on Friday November 6th, 2009 at the age of 84. He was predeceased by his parents, William and Alva (nee JEFFERS), his wife Cecelia (SULLIVAN), his son James, his brother Al and his sister Marguerite. He is survived by his children: Patrick (Patti), Cathy, and Noreen of Oshawa, and Bill (Renée) of Ottawa; his grandchildren: Jodie, Amanda, Dion, Jacques, and Philippe; and his great-granddaughter Sophia. He was the brother of Kitty NEWCOMBE (late Lloyd) of Winnipeg, Barb ROY (late Gerald) of Belleville, Billie O'NEIL of Oshawa, Anna BAKER (Gord) of Oshawa, and John (Vicki) O'NEIL of Ottawa. He was the brother-in-law of Wally Burningham of Ottawa and Evelyn Sullivan of Miramichi, New Brunswick. He also leaves many nieces, nephews and friends.
Mass of Christian Burial was held at Holy Cross Roman Catholic Church, Oshawa on Tuesday, November 10, 2009.
Active Pallbearers were: Brent SULLIVAN, Rob ROY, Ben RODGERS, David BAKER, Barry LODGE and Michael INHAT. Readers were Sean SULLIVAN and Margaret SULLIVAN.
Donations in memory of Hilton to a favourite charity would be appreciated. Condolences may be sent to 70 Nassau Street, Oshawa Ontario L1J 4A4 (c/o Cathy O'Neill). A memorial mass will be held in the summer in Chatham Head at a date and time to be announced.
Source: Miramichi Leader, December 18, 2009

Posted: 1265153253000
Thanks for these obituaries, they added a lot of information plus a few more children that I did not have.

Posted: 1265153539000
Thanks. I now have the obituaries, thanks to another researcher, but maybe your cousin can help me find death dates for Allison's parents, and fill in some other information, as well as some photos.

Posted: 1265198817000
I have passed on the link to your inquiry - I am hoping he is watching your thread and will respond to any inquiries you may have
per page

Find a board about a specific topic