Search for content in message boards

Lost brother, Ricky (Last name unknown)

Lost brother, Ricky (Last name unknown)

Posted: 1538953221000
Classification: Query
I am Timothy babcock. I was adopted by Carl and Winifred Babcock of Nunda, New York. I was born in Olean. I was born in 1966. I have another half brother that I grew up with in Nunda. His name is Randy Babcock. He was born in Dansville, New York in 1965. My brother, Randy and I learned of Ricky's existence in 1998. All three of us share the same biological mother, Penelope Carr. Or Penelope Martin. (Penny) I know that Ricky is the youngest of the three of us, although I do not know how many years younger. My adoption took place in the Court in Geneseo, New York. I think Ricky was adopted out of Rochester, New York.

I'm taking a chance and am trying to find anyone who may know if Ricky's story,...maybe even the family who adopted him?

Re: Lost brother, Ricky (Last name unknown)

Posted: 1542331214000
Classification: Query
Hi,

New York adoption records are confidential and under court seal. An adoptee who was born or adopted in New York, the birth parents or biological siblings can register with the Adoption Information Registry to obtain certain kinds of information. The Registry helps adoptees obtain avaiable non-identifying information about their birth parents and enables the reunion of registered adoptees with their birth parents and biological siblings.

You might want to consider DNA testing to find his adopted surname. There is a good article "Finding Your Birth Family with DNA", Family Tree Magazine, 12/17. Successful Searching!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic