Search for content in message boards

ATTENTION ALL MORTON'S WITH ANCESTORS FROM: 1ST NO. IRELAND, >2ND ONTARIO, CANADA, >3RD USA!

ATTENTION ALL MORTON'S WITH ANCESTORS FROM: 1ST NO. IRELAND, >2ND ONTARIO, CANADA, >3RD USA!

Posted: 1016810442000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morton
I am continuing to collect information on the Morton brothers who left County Fermanagh and imigrated to Hastings County, Ontario. They did not all come at once, but most of them settled in Hastings County area. I am the decendent of Thomas Morton who married Mary Embury. One of their sons, "Samuel Embury Morton" is my great grandfather. He married Jane Hurst. (Jane's second marriage was to John Boyd Lowery).

Samuel and Jane migrated to Michigan and finally settled in Hamilton Township, Clare County, MI.

The related surnames to The Family Morton in Canada are: Hurst, Reid, Brown, McMullen, Cooke, and many more. I have had contact with the Cooke's, McMullen's, and Hurst family members and many others.

I am still working on putting in the family tree in a program. I am no where near done, but have collected several tree's of the related families. I am looking for any tree's that you can send to help me put this all togethers. Presently I have over 300 pages or more to put in the computer program. It is a long be fruitful process. Please continue to contact me on this Morton project.

SPECIAL FAVOR FOR A DIFFERNENT MORTON CLAN:
ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION ON: This is for a friend of mine who's father is a Morton born in Pennsylvania.

Looking for Morton's in the state of Pennsylvania. The related surnames would be: Tomb, Delvin, McConnell, Hutchinson, Johnson, Steele, Baird, Cramer, Kenny, McNutt, Hall, Phipps, Huston, Dickson, Decker, Cole, Calvin, Dill, Conrad, Altemus, Wakefield, Hutzag.

I appreciate all of your efforts to help out on the Northern Ireland Morton's, and the Morton's from Pennsylvania. I do not believe at this point that these two Clans are related. I mostly feel that the Pennsylvania Morton's are English. If I recall what my friends words correctly.

Thanks, L. Morton

Re: ATTENTION ALL MORTON'S WITH ANCESTORS FROM: 1ST NO. IRELAND, >2ND ONTARIO, CANADA, >3RD USA!

Posted: 1018237582000
Surnames: MORTON
LOOKING FOR INFO ON MORTON IN PENN MINN NORTH DAKOTA
LINE JOHN MORTON AND WIFE ELLEN BORN ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND CHILDREN THOMAS, AGNES, ROBERT. THEODARE, SETH,MARY ELLEN, SARAH,CHARLES, MARGARET, MABEL, JESSIE, JOHN, AND FLORA
SAME BORN ENGLAND SOME PENN AND MINNESOTA

Re: ATTENTION ALL MORTON'S WITH ANCESTORS FROM: 1ST NO. IRELAND, >2ND ONTARIO, CANADA, >3RD USA!

Posted: 1018237585000
Surnames: MORTON
LOOKING FOR INFO ON MORTON IN PENN MINN NORTH DAKOTA
LINE JOHN MORTON AND WIFE ELLEN BORN ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND CHILDREN THOMAS, AGNES, ROBERT. THEODARE, SETH,MARY ELLEN, SARAH,CHARLES, MARGARET, MABEL, JESSIE, JOHN, AND FLORA
SAME BORN ENGLAND SOME PENN AND MINNESOTA

Lucille Morton (View posts)
Posted: 1018269964000
Surnames: Morton, Embury, Reid, McMullen, Hurst, Elliott, Brown, Cooke
Dear Arlet,
As far as I can tell at this point, my Morton's orgin is from Northern Ireland, not England. Thanks so much for your reply. I do hope you will continue to use the messege boards of Ancestry.com and rootsweb.com . They have helped me to connect to many Morton's in my line. The other thing I did was subscribe to the Morton Mailing list through Rootsweb. It has been a big help to me. Good luck, and I will keep you on my Morton mailing list. My next suggestion is to contact this person at email address: anniesmommy@webtv.net . She has Pennsylvania Morton's in here line. That might help. Be sure to tell them that I refered you. Good luck, Keep in touch, Lucille Morton

Posted: 1018402444000
Edited: 1147526765000
Dear Lucille...
I am from Australia, and I am trying to track the descendants of an Edward Morton who went to Canada sometime between about 1830 and 1840. He was in Toronto in 1842 where my G.Grandfather [his son] was born.. and his address in 1845 was Holland Landing.. He came from Drumrora, co. Cavan.. and was of the family who owned Kilnacrot House. His brother Pierce, also went to America, but had to return to Ireland. I know he had sons, Savile and D'Arcy.. Savile [East Guillimbury] married to a Maria, with possibly their son, a James [1865- 1952] buried Glen Morris cemetery... and, of course my G.Grandfather, Charles John, or John Charles, who came to Australia, married Margaret Maher and had 17 children..There are a lot of us! I have a lot of ancestry for Edward, but this is all I can find, so far of his descendants in Canada, and I am doing some presuming; but the names Savile and D'Arcy seem to crop up in every generation.
Thanking you for your efforts.
Diana Morton.

Posted: 1018536888000
Surnames: Morton, Embury, Reid, McMullen, Hurst, Elliott, Brown, Cooke
Dearest Diana,
I don't think I have information on your line. I will pass this on to other Canadian Morton's to see if they have anything. Many of them do watch this messege board. Please continue to post your messege weekly. I find it is this best way to get a hit. Many times if a messege is old enough to be on the next page, it doesn't get seen by everyone. That is why I post queries often.
Furthermore, be sure to go to the Canadian messege boards, and post your information. If you have not done that, please do a seach through the messege boards threw ancestry.com messege boards for Canada. Also access the mailing lists of rootsweb.com . Subscribe to the Morton mailing list, also for the messege boards for Canada, and the providence that your Morton's are in. Mine were in Hastings County, Ontario.

In addition I have found that there were many Morton's in Nova Scotia. I would suggest setting aside time each day to hit the messege boards.

Finally, I would expect some people contacting you soon. I will pass on your messege.

Good luck, and lets keep in touch. Please continue to email me.
sincerely, Lucille Morton

Posted: 1019480309000
Edited: 1147526765000
Hi, Lucille,
I have had some success with 'my' Mortons in East Guillimbury, Ontario.. They have unusual, and very "family' names, so are easy to recognise... One, a D'Arcy Morton went from Queensville to Indian Head, [I think that is in Maryland] in 1906.. Do you, or anyone, have any Morton connections there? I know he had a son James..
Thanks, Lucille.. Diana.

Posted: 1019486545000
Surnames: Morton, Embury, Reid, McMullen, Hurst, Elliott, Brown, Cooke, Mack
My Morton's seem to be all from Northern Ireland, and then came to Ontario. Are you on the Morton mailing list from rootsweb.com? If not I would give that a shot. There are several Morton researchers with ties on the East Coast of the USA ancestors. I would also sugguest going to all the messege boards for your surnames, and county boards for MD. I have had great success with that method. Having subscribtion to the surname or location mailing lists with rootsweb has helped me in several family lines. Please keep in touch, at this point I have nothing for you. But you never know. Most all of my Morton's that migrated to the USA came to Michigan, NY. Also the big thing is they came over during the Potato Famine. So at the time they were in Ontario, and later generations came to the states.

It seems there are the Scotish, English, Irish Morton's. So it really makes it hard sometimes to sort the lines out. But you will find many Morton's of all British Isles in Canada, and USA.

Please keep intouch. Sincerely, Lucille Morton in Michigan

Posted: 1019487354000
Surnames: Morton, Embury, Reid, McMullen, Hurst, Elliott, Brown, Cooke, Mack
Dear Diana,
I forgot to tell you, I have put out the word to other Morton researchers I know. So hopefully you will be getting something. So expect to hear from some people you don't know!! Good luck,
Sincerely, Lucille Morton

Posted: 1020915793000
I AM TRYING TO FIND PARENTS,SIBLINGS OF MY GGGRANDFATHER ITHAMAR D MORTON MARRIED IM MAINE TO MAHALA ELIZABETH RUSSELL 1ST BORN WAS CORA MARIE MORTON BORN JUNE 22 1859 NEW BRUNSWICK CANADA. WHY? CAN FIND NO CONNECTION. ITHAMAR D WAS KILLED IN CIVIL WAR IN 1863 AND MAHALA BROUGHT ALL 5 KIDS TO ILLINIOS ANY HELP????? NANCY NATION larrynation@webtv.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic