Search for content in message boards

Hancock Family-Alabama

Hancock Family-Alabama

Bill Felknor (View posts)
Posted: 929448000000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hancock, Andrews
Looking for information about Benjamin Hancock, b. 01/20/1820 in Limestone County, AL. He married a Balsora Andrews. They had a son Richard Clem Hancock, b. 05/16/1846. Were other children, but I have no other information.

Richard Clem Hancock married Martha Matilda White

Benjamin was in the Civil War, Confederate side, and applied for a pension which was granted. The whole family moved later to Crockett area of Houston County, Texas.

Any info would be appreciated.

Benjamin Hancock, Alabama

Posted: 931780800000
Edited: 998252784000
Surnames: HANCOCK
Benjamin Hancock is listed as a patent holder on Chickasaw Lands Sold by U.S. Government at Pontotoc, Mississippi, 12/09/1844. There was 330 acres in the north half of section four, township 7S, range 13W in Franklin County, AL. Those Alabama lands were a part of the Chickasaw Nation sold to the U.S. government in the Treaty of Dancing Rabbit Creek, I believe. You can get a copy of the patent at www.glorecords.blm.gov. I have been interested to know if there was any connection between this Benjamin and Elbert W. HANCOCK, who was in Itawamba County in the early 1840's. I am Billy Hancock, trek@teclink.net.

Re: Hancock Family-Alabama

Posted: 1393441366000
Surnames: Hancock /Andrews/ Renfro
This is my family. I just got approved for membership into the United Daughters of the Confederacy through Benjamin Hancock, my G-G-G grandfather, and also through his son-in-law, Raby Renfro, married to Mary D. "Mollie" Hanccok. I have his records also and would love to exchange information. Please email me at: egallant@consolidated.net.

Thanks,
Ethel Hill Gallant

Posted: 1532852085000
My 3rd great grandmother is Mollie Hancock Renfro. I am related through her Daughter Nancy "Nannie Mae Renfro Choat. Her Daughter Was Nannie Tilda Choat. Her Daughter Was Aline Rush Crisp and my Mother is Vanessa Crisp Wiginton :)

Posted: 1532852288000
My 3rd great grandmother is Mollie Hancock. From her daughter Nancy, to her daughter Nannie, to her daughter Aline, to her daughter Vanessa to me ­čśü
per page

Find a board about a specific topic