Search for content in message boards

Burial location? Minnie Reiquam, died April 21, 1979 San Rafael

Burial location? Minnie Reiquam, died April 21, 1979 San Rafael

Posted: 1299835178000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Reiquam, Winjum
Hello,

I am hoping to find the burial location for Minnie Eleanor Winjum Reiquam who died April 21, 1979 at San Rafael, Marin County, California. A brief death notice appeared in her hometown (Albert Lea, Minnesota) newspaper stating she had died at San Rafael, but it did not list a funeral home or cemetery. An obituary from San Rafael would be great, but I would be satisfied in just learning her final resting place. Thank you.

Re: Burial location? Minnie Reiquam, died April 21, 1979 San Rafael

Posted: 1300488306000
Classification: Obituary
The obituary does not give a place of burial, however a mortuary is mentioned and the last I knew it is still there. The address is 601 Tamalpais Drive, Corte Madera, 94945
The phone # is 415-924-4004.

Good luck,
Cathy
- - -
Independent Journal
Monday, April 23, 1979
Page 4

MINNIE REIQUAM

A funeral for Minnie Reiquam of Novato, a Marin resident for about 30 years, will be held Tuesday at 2 p.m. at the Marin Lutheran Church in Corte Madera.

Mrs. Reiquam died Saturday at a local hospital after a long illness. She was 88.

She was born and raised in Minnesota. She attended business college there before moving to North Dakota. Mrs. Reiquam lived there until 1943, when she moved to California. She returned to North Dakota after a couple of years in California. She returned to live in Marin in 1948.

She was a bookkeeper with a San Rafael accounting firm for many years before retiring at age 65. She was a member of the Marin Lutheran Church, belonged to a women’s group there, was a member of the Women’s Auxiliary of World War I Veterans, and was active in a senior citizens group.

She is survived by a son, Clifford E. Reiquam of Tiburon; a brother, Clarence Winjum of Minnesota; two sisters, May Shawstab and Nora Olson, both of Minnesota; and one grandchild.

Visitation is today from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Daphne mortuary in Corte Madera. The family prefers memorial contributions to the Marin Lutheran Church.

Posted: 1300585596000
Hello Cathy,

Thanks for the excellent information. We had lost track of this family member over the years. The information is needed for an updated bydgebok (Norwegian genealogy reference book) that is being compiled. Minnie's father was a Norwegian immigrant.

Again, many thanks!
ritamwp

Posted: 1300760064000
I called the funeral home today and learned that Minnie Reiquam is buried at Mt. Tamalapias Cemetery in San Rafael. Thanks again for your help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic