Search for content in message boards

Guy Ellis

Guy Ellis

Posted: 978782400000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1090051377000
Surnames: Ellis, Bellomy, Peery, Farris, Belcher
Hi looking for infor on a Guy Ellis, recently recieved a death certificate of my gg grandfather on it, it states that his father and mother was Guy Ellis and Frankie Robertson. on a marrige certificate it lists her as being Frances. Can anyone help me here. Thank you in advance. They are listed as living in Wayne Co.
Posted: 978868800000
Surnames: Ellis, Ferris, Bellomy, Peery
Lisa do you have anything on Hannahs parents, if you would like to have a picture of her I can send it to you. I noticed that you had Peery on your list, Do you know anything on a John Wesley Peery. I belive he was married to a Nancy Walker. that is my ggg grandparents. Thank you for all your iformation

Hannah Elizabeth Farris/Ferris

Lisa Vinson Arvanitis (View posts)
Surnames: Vinson, Wiley, Sperry, Peery, Perry, Akers
Kelly,
I have Hannah Elizabeth Farris/Ferris born February 20,1869 died Dec.20,1952. She was buried in the Strother Cemetery in Hubbardstown. This according to the Curtright Funeral Home Records in Louisa,Lawrence Co.,Kentucky.
Lisa

James O. Ellis

Surnames: ellis, Bellomy, Peery, Farris, Belcher
Lisa,

The James O that you said was the son of Guy and Frankie, is my gg grandfather. I dont know if you are closely related to them or not but I have a picuture of Hannah and I just recently recieve a death certifate of James and a marriage license on them.. if you would like me to scan them and send them to you I can. I also think I have found when Hannah passed away, I think she passed away in lawerence co so I am going to try to go to the courthouse there and see if I can find anything when I get a chance. It says that her mothers name was Julie belcher on the marrigage license but nothing about her father. Hope to hear from you soon, I also notice that Peery was in your list of surnames that is another one of my also.
Kelly

Guy Ellis

Lisa Vinson Arvanitis (View posts)
Surnames: Vinson, Wiley, Sperry, Peery, Perry, Akers
Kelly,
I have Guy Ellis b.abt.1831 in Kentucky? married to Frances "Frankie" Robertson b. abt.1837 in Kentucky? They were married on August 19,1853 in Logan Co.,W.Va. They are in the 1860,1870 & 1880 Wayne Co.,W.Va. census in Butler district. I did not find them in 1850. Possibly in Logan??? Anyway, I have the following children listed for them:
Lucinda b.1855
Mary E. b.1856
George W. b.April 1858 -m- Malinda E. Cyfers
Nathaniel b.May 1861 -m- Martha J. Massie
James O. b.1863 -m- Hannah Farris/Ferris
Martha b.1864
Samuel b.1867
Lona b.1874
Reuben b.1876
Hope this helps you.
Lisa Vinson Arvanitis
E-mail# garv@norden1.com

Re: Guy Ellis

Linda Athens (View posts)
Posted: 1033968800000
Hi - Better late than never. I have seen this Guy Ellis you refer to in various places. I had been researching four Ellis brothers - John, Wm, Peter and Abraham as Abraham is a GGGGfather of mine and they lived in Hawkins Co, TN at one point. I have a deed or two I got from Hawkins County, Book 18, Page 698 where Guy Ellis deeds a parcel of land to John Ellis and I believe this John is my GGGUncle. The date is the 28th day of May, 1844. But Guy S. Ellis signed at the bottom and that date is January 1843, perhaps there are two separate deeds as there are two separate papers, it is very light and copy not terrifically good...it should have been darkened a bit and I could have read it easily.

There are three witnesses who say they personally know Guy Ellis...they are John H. Ellis, Robt. Cooper and Wm Burris, all of Hawkins County, State of Tennessee. The two separate documents, now that I read them seem to say one is in exchange for $1000, Guy Ellis deeds a parcel of land to John Ellis. The other is that Guy Ellis is allowing John Ellis to use the spring on his plantation as long as no damage is done. This spring runs by the Orville? Bradley line to the old stage road.

I had attached another paper from long ago from doing research at an LDS library that says Guy Ellis, born 1827, VA. Father Phillip Ellis, Mother Elizabeth Black or Hinchman and Spouse Frankie Roberts. I have always seen it Roberts I recall.

Posted: 1128652732000
Surnames: Roberson/Robertson; Lane; Ellis
Judy,
I think I have your Frances Robertson in my database. She is listed in a Family Bible I have seen. Born October 31, 1835. Her father was Nathaniel Roberson and mother was Lucy Lane. They were of Surry Co., NC to VA to Pike Co., TN then to WV. I have more information if you're interested.
Becky

Posted: 1172249179000
Surnames: Ellis, Robertson, Lane
There is a Frances Robertson in Pike Co Ky in 1850. She is the daughter of Nathaniel Robertson and Lucy Lane married in Surry Co NC. Nathaniel Robertson moved to Wayne Co Wv also.

Posted: 1172249257000
Surnames: Ellis
There is a Frances Robertson in Pike Co Ky in 1850. She is the daughter of Nathaniel Robertson and Lucy Lane married in Surry Co NC. Nathaniel Robertson moved to Wayne Co Wv also.

Posted: 1550378070000
Surnames: Ellis, Robertson
Hello, I know this is years after your post, but I am also looking for information on Guy Ellis and Frankie Robertson. My Great Grandfather was Nathaniel Ellis and lists Guy and Frankie Robertson as his parents on his death certificate. I am trying to determine if my Guy Ellis is the one from Logan Co, WV s/o Phillip and Elizabeth Ellis or Guy Ellis from Hawkins CO, TN s/o John Ellis. Would love to hear back from you to see if you found information that may help me unravel my mystery as well.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic