Search for content in message boards

James Lynn

Posted: 1222009139000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lynn, Carter
I am looking for James Lynn, born in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in Jun 1825. His father was born in Ireland and his mother was born in Scotland. James Lynn married Elizabeth Augusta Bowles Carter on 11 Sep 1856 in Iowa where he enlisted in the 32nd Infantry of the Civil War until 1864.
The earliest I can find James Lynn is 1850 maybe, but for sure have found him in 1860 with his wife and her family.
Any one? Please post if you have any more information.

Re: James Lynn

Posted: 1222022056000
Have you searched for a Civil War pension for him or his widow?

Posted: 1222028382000
Yes, I have ordered the pension files from the National Archives. I understand it can take up to 60 days to receive records. Thank you for your question.

Posted: 1222038919000

Your James is also listed as fighting in the Old War, which means one of the smaller wars between the War of 1812 and the Civil War, probably an Indian war.

What are you trying to find out about him? The Archives does not have a good track record of sending all the primary documents!

Posted: 1222054984000
Surnames: Lynn, Carter
I am trying to find his parents and if he was verify he was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The census records are consistent with being born in Pennsylvania.
I had not found the old war record.
I went with the $25 pension records hoping for anything. I re-read my order and it states it could take up to 6 months to get the order...if they find anything. I hope they do.
Thank you for your reply.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic