Search for content in message boards

More Advice Needed Wyandot

More Advice Needed Wyandot

Cathy (View posts)
Posted: 1140957902000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shaw,Lish,Carr/Karr,Sheldon,Hatfield
Hi , I have found a marriage between Cornelias Shaw and Rebecca Lish on 9th Jan 1842 Crawford Ohio on the LDS site and would like to know if their parents would be named anywhere, how would I go about finding this info and if it is at all possible.

Many thanks

Cathy

Re: More Advice Needed Wyandot

Posted: 1397439527000
Hi Cathy, How are you?
I haven't been on Ancestry.com in forever and had a few moments and thought I'd get on. I found this snippet:
John Shaw to Lewis Cass, May 4, 1821
U. Sandusky 5th mo. 4. 1821

Govr. Cass,

In thy letter to me of the 18th Nov. last thou refered to me the case of Henry Lish

I will need to find the rest of this, but I find it interesting that a Shaw is talking about Henry Lish to Governor Cass. Do you know if Cornelias' father was John Shaw?

Isn't this curious? Lori

Posted: 1431960839000
I’m not related to any member of this family.

OH Vital Records -
Prior to September 7, 1949, marriages were record at the county probate courts as each county was formed. At that time, an index of all Ohio marriages was not maintained. It was not until 1949, that a statewide index of marriages that occurred in Ohio was created at the state level with the Ohio Department of Health, Office of Vital Statistics. While the state Office of Vital Statistics maintains indexes of all marriages, the county probate courts where the married couples applied for their license is where the official marriage certificate resides.

. Ohio law established the Bureau of Vital Statistics on December 20, 1908. On that date, the mandatory registration of birth and death certificates occurred.

statement source -
Mark Kassouf
Compliance Manager/State Mass Fatality Planner/Chief Fraud Officer
Ohio Department of Health
Office of Vital Statistics
614-644-0165

Try Vital Records – Birth, Marriage, & Death, Social Security Info, Census Records – FREE ALL STATES
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/

1850 -
Name: Cornelious Shaw
Birth Year: abt 1817
Birthplace: New Jersey
Home in 1850: Crawford, Wyandot, Ohio

Cornelious Shaw 33, NJ - blacksmith
Rebecca Shaw 28, OH
Hannah Shaw 4, OH
Henry Shaw 2, OH
Phebe Shaw 1, OH

Depending on OH state law regarding showing parents names; I would think if both parties were over 18 parents names were not listed

Posted: 1485536157000
Hi Lori,

Sorry only just seen this message.

This is very interesting. Still no further with finding Cornelias Shaw's parents.

Posted: 1485536241000
Hello,

Many thanks for your reply and advice.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic