Search for content in message boards

Samuel Stores and Mary Huckens - Mayflower Descendants

Samuel Stores and Mary Huckens - Mayflower Descendants

Posted: 1540173751000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1540173810000
Surnames: Stores, Storrs, Huckens
Are listed on the Mayflower Births and Deaths Vol. 1 & 2, but I am having a difficult time following the line back up to the original Mayflower passenger... does anyone know it?

Re: Samuel Stores and Mary Huckens - Mayflower Descendants

Posted: 1540220641000

Posted: 1540234206000
Edited: 1540234564000
Hi and thank you for your reply. I thought this originally at first too, however, the birth dates do not match up for the Mary Huckens to be the same. I'm asking about the Mary Huckens listed with Samuel Stores (Storrs) (see attached screen shot), She was born in 1646 and had children starting in the late 1660 before the Mary Huckens in the Howland line was even born... (b. 1673).

If you look at the screenshot (of the Mayflower Births and Deaths Vol. 1 & 2) there isn't a little number indicating what generation by either Samuel Stores or Mary Huckens, so why are they there? And if the generation # was just forgotten, whom then, are they descendants of since Mary's birth date does not match the Mary Huckens/Huckins of Hope Chipman and John Huckens? This is my conundrum.
Attachments:

Posted: 1540494305000
Whenever consulting a genealogical reference work you always need to read the introductory matter for that work in order to understand that work's sources and limitations.

Susan E. Roser's Mayflower quartet (Mayflower Marriages, Mayflower Births & Deaths, 2 Volumes, and Mayflower Deeds & Probates) are all taken from what is known as "The Bowman Files," a collection of over 20,000 pages compiled by George Ernest Bowman, Founder, Secretary, Genealogist and Editor of the Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants, and held by that society. Bowman was the first elite Mayflower scholar and the first to use contemporary records in preference to all other sources. Susan's books are information extracted from the Bowman files and annotated by Susan. Bowman recorded some information that he thought could perhaps be linked to a Mayflower family, but that he either never pursued before his death or that he purused fruitlessly (but not without giving up hope).

In this case it is likely that Bowman thought at one time that Mary Huckens, wife of Samuel Stores, was a Howland descendant, but was not able to prove it.

Dale H. Cook, Member, NEHGS, AGS, MA Soc. of Mayflower Descendants;
Plymouth Co. MA Coordinator for the USGenWeb Project
Administrator of http://plymouthcolony.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic