Donna Hahn (View posts)
Posted: 973944000000

Re: The Schwartz Family

kathy (View posts)
Posted: 1004153400000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swiercz
My Great Grandfather was John Swiertz of milwaukee
married Maryanna is there any connection?

Carol Ann Slominski (View posts)
Posted: 1024206454000
Hi-
Her last name was Augustyn and she came from Galicia, Poland. I sent a CD with a bunch of old pictures to your cousin Kathy before Charlie died.

I am Pearl's oldest daughter. Which one was your grand-parent: Steve, Walter, Stanley, Andy, Al or Sophie? Couldn't be Kate because I didn't think she had any children.

I haven't been able to trace down too much info in Poland on Busha (that's what we called her) because she didn't have or even remember her birthday. All she remembered was that it was in the Spring.

It appears that her coat-of-arms (herb in Polish) was Godzimbia. I have a color copy of it if you want me to email a scanned copy to you. I also have the translated legend of our ancient ancestor who were originally awarded the arms (herb) by the king.

Use my home email address to reach me and I will share with you what I have in research materials. Email me at: slominskicann@hotmail.com

At the time she emigrated to America Poland had been divided between Germany, Russia and Austria. She was from the part that was given to Austria, but we are not Austria, it was only under Austrian occupation.

Hope to hear from you.

Carol Ann Slominski
slomiskicann@hotmail.com

Parcheim, Parchim and Schwartz in Milwaukee county

Posted: 1041704197000
Edited: 1068835316000
Surnames: Parchim, Parchem, Parcheim, Parchen, Schwartz
Please excuse the late reply to your two year old posting. Donna, I believe you are looking for the family of Clara Irene Schwartz, born June 24, 1898 in Milwaukee to John Schwatrz and Franciska nee Dzibek. I confess to having nothing about that Scwartz lineage, but Clara married August Peter Parchim June 23, 1923. Of that Parchim lineage, and its origins of Parcheim I can help! August Peter P born April 16, 1895 in Milwaukee to August Parchim [b. Sept 10, 1862 Strellin, West Prussia] and Rosalia Milosch born about July 1868 also in West Prussia. There were two families of Parchims living in Milwaukee county and both came from Strellin, West Prussia parish. It seems evident both are related but several of us comparing notes and researching old country parish records have been unable to locate the link. For more information regarding your Parchim and Parchen relatives in Milwaukee county contact me at my e-mail address: martinkoob@juno.com

Posted: 1209912111000
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: schwartz
Donna,

I have photos of the milwaukee city directory pages for schwartz looking for a Herman in my family. A John appears on many of these pages and if you would like me to email you copies I can do so. Please contact me if you want them sent. Most of them are between 1865 and 1910.

Any Schwartz families found in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950)?

Posted: 1417877720000
Surnames: Schwartz Schwarz Schwartze Schwarze
There are over 800 Schwartz Schwarz Schwartze Schwarze entries or references found in the local resource called "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950). Were you looking for someone in particular or everybody and they mama?
gary.rebholz@gmail.com, originator/compiler/editor, Milwaukee Wis.
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... collecting evidence contemporary with historic German-American families.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic