Search for content in message boards

Lucinda Goins of King George Co Va

Lucinda Goins of King George Co Va

Posted: 1253663552000
Classification: Query
Need parents & siblings for Lucinda & her husband Charles Rose. They were b abt 1756/60. Also need children for Charles & Lucinda.
Thanks, Ollie

Re: Lucinda Goins of King George Co Va

Posted: 1342484299000
Hi, your query is a little old, but I have some info if you've not discovered already. I have a Lucinda Goins b. 1788 VA, parents were Charles and Elizabeth (Blair) Goins. Lucinda married Charles Rose on 16 Oct 1812, in Harrison County, KY. Family moved to Gallatin County, KY with Lucinda's Goins kin about 1815. I have a 1830 Gallatin County, KY census for Charles Rose age 60-70 with wife age 30-40, and 7 children. The 1840 Gallatin County census shows Lucinda Rose age 30-40(off by at least 12 years ?), widowed, with 5 children, 1 Male 20-30, and 1 Female 20-30. Only child I have info on is Lucretia b. unk, m. Robert Furnish on 17 Mar 1829 (not verified). Charles Rose was much older, and had been married previously. Hope this helps. Greg Bennatt

Posted: 1342535225000
Thaks so much for the info on Charles & Lucinda. I had him b abt 1756. Did not know he went to KY. His 1st wife was a Hutchinson but I don't have her name or any children for them.
Ollie

Posted: 1342560703000
Surnames: Goins, Blair, Rose
I thought I might have names from his 1st marriage, but not finding it at the moment. I have Charles death date as 1838, and Lucinda d. 1858. I need to work more on this lineage.
I've a question for you. What info do you have of Charles and Lucinda living in King George County ? Lucinda's father Charles Goins married Elizabeth Blair (of Westmoreland County. I've been trying to figure out how they met, since Charles Goins was from Henry County. A fair distance apart for the two, to have met. Thanks for any info. Greg

Posted: 1342568754000
Wish I could answer that question. I know that Charles Rose was b in King George County as the Rose family has been there since the early 1700's. Maybe Charles Goins moved to Westmoreland County where he met & marr Elizabeth Blair. I was not aware that Charles & Lucinda had moved to KY until I got your post. let me know if you figure it out.
Ollie

Posted: 1342571533000
okay, thanks. Another clue in solving a mystery.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic