Search for content in message boards

Normans of Canada/Newfoundland

Normans of Canada/Newfoundland

James Norman (View posts)
Posted: 978091200000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Norman
Hello ,

I am searching for information regarding the Norman family of Newfoundland.

I have traced back to my great grandfather James who lived in Pacquet, Newfoundland in the early 1900's. I have also detrmined that his father's name was Harry but my seach ends at that point.

Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks You

Re: Normans of Canada/Newfoundland

Janice Norman (View posts)
Posted: 997339859000
I too am looking for info on the Newfoundland Normans. My grandfather was Victor, he married Gladys Langley. They had Audrey, Norma, Joyce and my father, John (Jack) Clifford Norman.

Janice Norman (View posts)
Posted: 1006595420000
I believe my grandfather Victor Norman came from Newfoundland.....I have little info but happy to share

Posted: 1051726902000
Hello Mr. Norman,

I am the great great granddaughter of a James Norman who was married to a Millie Snow. They had 6 Children Stafford, George, Sam. Fred, Annie and Charolette. I don't know if we are looking for the same people. My great grandfather stafford was born in beachy cove newfoundland. Maybe we can help each other out.
Christie Rowe

Posted: 1258392107000
Hi,

I did not see any information listed on the site, but a lot of the Norman's in Newfoundland came for Red Island. there is a site online where you can trace back your family tree, just google Red Island Newfoundland.

Take Care,

Merrill J Norman

Posted: 1259614788000
James Norman of Pacquet,NL was also my grandfather. He was born on the Horse Islands and his parents were Henry Norman and Mariah Foster of La Scie or Shoe Cove. Henry was born in Apr 1849 at Clark's Beach and was a descendant of the Normans of Brigus and Cupids. He was also called Harry. I am still trying to establish who his father was as there were many with the same name as William, James and John, all of the same area. The two original brothers came from Jersey Islands and settled in Brigus on a site known as the Battery. You can go on the Brigus web site and read more about the early Normans....Wm. Glyn Norman

Posted: 1261474550000
Henry (Harry) Norman, married to Mariah Foster, was my great-grandfather. My grandfather, Herbert Norman, operated a general store (H. Norman & Sons) in Pacquet which still exists today and is currently operated by Wayne Norman, my first cousin. My father, who was also named Herbert Norman, was born in Pacquet.

Posted: 1262708429000
MY FATHER REGINALD LAURENCE NORMAN WAS BORN IN PACQUET NFLD.HIS FATHER WAS JAMES AND HIS MOTHER WAS MINNY Butler, he had 6 brothers Sidney, Kenny, Tom Rex, Eric, Edgar and Elizer Kenneth. He also had two sisters Addie (MILLEY) AND DAPHNEY (DEAN).HIS GRANDFATHER WAS HENRY Norman.My father was a teacher and later became an ordained minister. My uncles Kenneth and Tom were also ministers.I visited Pacquet two years ago and found that there are still a lot of Normans living there.I also visited the cemetary and have pictures of my grandfathers and great grandfathers graves as well as that of many other Normans. My brother and I live in Barrie ontario. Since your ancestors come from Pacquet, I guess we must be related. I would be interested in hearing from you.Take care, Ted

Posted: 1326064404000
my grandfather was james norman of pacquet. hello cousin.i to have been looking.some luck needed. james was married to a butler.hence my first name rex. they came to pacquet by way of the horse islands,then maybe try Brigus,Cupids,and maybe Bay roberts. they weren't always fishermen,maybe farmers and i'm pretty sure they came from england. good luck in your search sincerly yours rex son of edgar son of james

Posted: 1336789725000
My grandfather, Levi Norman was born in Trinity, near Bonivista Bay Newfoundland. The Norman name is all over the province, I have cousins in Corner Brook and on Greenspond island, amongst other places. My father told me that he thinks that his grandparents came from Wales.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic