Search for content in message boards

surnames

surnames

doug spohn (View posts)
Posted: 925560000000
Classification: Query
Surnames: papke, steinfurth, bassow, duesing
looking for links to these names from the mecklenburg-vorpommern area of germany..possible town of steinfurth

Geneology

Liz Stephens (View posts)
Posted: 925732800000
Surnames: Oertling
My Great grandmother was born in Schwerin in 1856. Her name was Amelia Oertling. She was the daughter of Ludvig Oertling. Many of my ancestors came from that city. I would like to know why they left and more about them. I believe i had an ancestor called Marie Oertling who died in 1860. If anyone could help me trace my family tree, i would be very grateful
Thanks
Liz Stephens

re oertling

doug spohn (View posts)
Posted: 925819200000
Surnames: steinfurth, papke, bassow, spohn
liz...don't know if i can help...my gg grandfather ludwig steinfurth left that area in 1880 i am still trying to find the connection between the town of steinfurth and my family.feel free to contact me at D.Spohn@att.net

Ancestor

Verna McDowell (View posts)
Posted: 925905600000
Surnames: Bossow, Pfeffer
My ancestor Catarina Bossow md. Johann Pfeffer in the town of Demen. Could your ancestor be Bossow instead of Bassow? So many of the old German script letters look differently. Any connections?

grandfather George bassow

Posted: 978004800000
Edited: 1015549632000
Surnames: bassow
I am researching my family name BASSOW. My grandfather was born in Springfield, VT. Looking for marriage of my grandfather to my grandmother, Caroline G. Controy, born in Hinsdale, MA.

Re: surnames Papke from Pommern/Torgelow Germany

Jeanne Breslin (View posts)
Posted: 999873877000
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Papke
My grandfather, Hans Papke, immigrated from Germany in the 1920's.

He was from Torgelow in the Pommern region (Pomerania), near the Polish Border.

I'd be interested in anything you may have learned of the Papke family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic