Search for content in message boards

Holley native american

Holley native american

Posted: 1433820140000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Holly/Holley/West Virginia/Virginia/Charleston/Native American
Searching for info on Joseph Holly/Holley born in Va/WVa around 1820 that married a woman buy the name of Tacy/Tacey/ Taliso.
They had a son William "Willis " Holley {this is my line} who married Anna Nash/Marsh
I have no info on tacy who is my gggrandmother. I have heard of some stories not sure if there true. Hoping someone can fill in some blanks for me.

happy hunting- Danielle

Re: Holley native american

Posted: 1437261439000
Edited: 1437261621000
Hi! Tacey/Stacy/Tasilo is my great, great grandmother and I would love info on her too!
Carey

Posted: 1437325039000
Cary,
Thanks for the reply, I was starting to think no one was researching this Holley Family.
Who do you decend from ? Excited to talk to someone that I can share info with.

Joseph Holley>William {Willis ?) > Lee > Syliva {Jean} > Cecil jr Grass> My mom
this is how Im linked..

Danielle

Posted: 1437342075000
Hi! I descend from Joseph F. He would be the son of Joseph S and Tasilo. He would be my great, great grandfather. I've seen Tasilo on different census reports as Stacy, Tacey, Tacy, and Lacy with her being born in Virginia in 1928 I believe. I don't think the bureau was very careful when documenting names. I watched video today that was taken in 1988 of my great grandfather and he was talking about his grandmother being a full blooded Cherokee Indian. His words, not mine. I think my entire family wants to know about Tasilo so you are not alone in the search.

Posted: 1437342174000
I meant 1828 not 1928
Attachments:

Posted: 1437347859000
Cary,
Joseph F. had a brother William or willis correct. Just making sure I have all my ducks in a row. Willis married Anna Nash or marsh. I did contact a April who has the same people on there tree. She said she had a picture of Joseph and Tacey children with there full head dress. Trying to locate Tacey/Taslio. When I spoke to April she said she heard that Tacy didnt speak english and she washed a laundry. When did Joseph and Tacey get married? if you know?

Posted: 1437352124000
Yes, Joseph had a brother named Willis. Do you have a copy of the photo?
Attachments:

Posted: 1437353884000
They would have gotten married in Virginia. The 1860 census has them there which is where both he and Tasilo were born. The last census shows them living on a farm in West Virgina.

Posted: 1437405963000
Cary -
Have you seen this?
Attachments:

Posted: 1437408137000
Hi Who is MaryE? I don't recognize that name at all. The only photos I have are of my great grandfather. He didn't pass away Until 2000 so I grew up knowing him and listening to his stories. Would you mind moving this conversation to email? If it's ok, my email is huskytales4@gmail.com.
Carey
per page

Find a board about a specific topic