Search for content in message boards

Samuel L Hill & Catherine Haughn Hill Family, Pickaway County, Ohio

Samuel L Hill & Catherine Haughn Hill Family, Pickaway County, Ohio

Posted: 1325537708000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1325895052000
Surnames: Hill, McKnight, Hamilton
Samuel L. Hill, was born in Pickaway County, Ohio, to Samuel "George" Hill and Nancy McKnight/McNight Hill, who married Oct 18, 1830, Pickaway County Ohio. Nancy McKnight Hill remarried James Hamilton, after death of Mr. Hill, and the Hill children, John William Hill, and Samuel Hill, are listed as Hamilton surname, 1850 census, and John W. Hill, again in 1860, is listed as John Hamilton.---Their sister, Sarah M. Hill, born Jun/Jan, 1 1831, married William Hoxworth, Oct 1849, Pickaway Co. Ohio. A second sister, born 1832, Elizabeth, died before 1850. Wanting to share info on these families.

Re: Samuel L Hill & Catherine Haughn Hill Family, Franklin County,Ohio

Posted: 1329148519000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1370811518000
Samuel L Hill was born and raised in Pickaway Co. Ohio, but married Catherine Haughn Hill, in Franklin Co. Ohio, and they resided there, with their family.===Samuel George Hill and Nancy McKnight Hill, were his parents. Parents of Samuel George Hill, born 1806, were William H Hill born 1773, Virginia, and his first wife, Martha Brown Hill, born 1776, Virginia. His second wife, Jane Brown Hill, sister to Martha Brown Hill.===Elizabeth Hill, who married Severn Maddox, in Fayette Co. Ohio, but lived in Pickaway Co. also, was a sister to Samuel George Hill.---William H Hill first was in Ross Co. Ohio, that area was remapped and became a part of Fayette Co. Ohio.

Re: Samuel L Hill & Catherine Haughn Hill Family, Pickaway County, Ohio

Posted: 1521154090000
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Hill
I just learned Samuel L. Hill was my Great-Great-Great grand-father. His son Samuel Hill had a son, James Abraham Hill, had a son, Fay Miles Hill, had a son, Fay Miles Hill Junior, who was my father.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic