I checked my database and found Chesterfield Houchin listed. He is probably the one you want since the spelling of the family name varies in different lines. I am adding his ancestry to this e-mail. Let me know if this is the one you are interested in. I can be contact4ed at firstname.lastname@example.org
I would like to invite you to participate in the Houchens-Houchins website which was sarted on February 2. If you let me know, I will add your name so that you can receive a password to log in. There are over 2000 names in the database. These are descendants and spouses from Edward Howchens in the late 1600s in Virginia. If you descend from Chesterfield Houchin, you would be in the descent from Edward. There is no cost to be a member of the website.
1. David HOUCHIN was born in 1849.
2. Chesterfield HOUCHIN was born in 1831 near Roundtop Hill, Indiana. He was married to Nancy SMITH on JUL 25 1846.
3. Nancy SMITH1,2. Chesterfield HOUCHIN and Nancy SMITH had the following children:
i. Harrison HOUCHIN was born in 1847.
1 ii. David HOUCHIN.
4. Jesse HOUCHIN was born on MAY 4 1798 in Kentucky. He died in 1861 in Lockhart Township, Indiana.
5. Elizabeth CLIFFORD was born in 1796 in Kentucky. Jesse HOUCHIN and Elizabeth CLIFFORD had the following children:
i. Jesse HOUCHIN.
ii. George HOUCHIN.
2 iii. Chesterfield HOUCHIN.
iv. Clifford HOUCHIN was born on JUN 9 1820.
v. Leright HOUCHIN was born on OCT 25 1825 in Gibson county, Indiana.
8. JOHN HOUCHIN was born in 1748 in Amherst County, Virginia. He died on DEC 19 1837 in Edmonson County, Kentucky. Moved from Virginia to Kentucky in 1790
Settled in the Green River area of KY
9. Patsey "Patty" ALFORD. JOHN HOUCHIN and Patsey "Patty" ALFORD had the following children:
i. Charlotte HOUCHIN.
ii. Elisabeth HOUCHIN.
iii. James HOUCHIN.
iv. Celia HOUCHIN.
v. William "Buckey" HOUCHIN was born in 1777 in Virginia. He died on DEC 19 1855 in Logan County, Illinois.
vi. Charles HOUCHIN was born about 1790 in Warren County, Kentucky. He died after 1813 in Warren County, Kentucky.
vii. Benjamin Wright HOUCHIN was born in 1790.
viii. Nancy HOUCHIN3,2 was born in 1798 in in Warren (now Edmonson) County, Kentucky or abt. 1795 in Amherst County, Virgin. She died on APR 27 1876 near Atlanta, Logan County, Illinois.
4 ix. Jesse HOUCHIN.
x. John HOUCHIN was born about 1800. He died about 1850.
xi. Polly HOUCHIN.
16. JOHN HOUCHIN died in 1785 in Virginia. He was born in Goochland Co., VA. He was married to MARTHA ORFORD about 1750.
17. MARTHA ORFORD. JOHN HOUCHIN and MARTHA ORFORD had the following children:
i. EDWARD HOUCHINS died in 1800.
ii. CHARLES HOUCHIN was born on MAR 20 1759 in Amherst County, Virginia. He died before JUL 20 1852 in Edmonson County, Kentucky. Revolutionary soldier.
Moved to KY with his brother John
iii. WILLIAM HOUCHIN.
8 iv. JOHN HOUCHIN.
v. FRANCIS HOUCHIN was born in 1765 in Amherst County, Virginia. He died in Brownsville, Edmonson County, Kentucky.
vi. MOSES HOUCHIN.
vii. ELIZABETH HOUCHIN.
32. EDWARD HOUTCHENS was born between 1686 and 1700 in GOOCHLAND CO., VA.. He died in 1765 in Goochland Co., VA.4 He died on FEB 19 1765 in Goochland, Virginia. The name of Edward Houtchens, Jr. first appeared in the records of
Goochland Co. Virginia in 1737 He was married to HANNAH (Aner) about 1717.
33. HANNAH (Aner). EDWARD HOUTCHENS and HANNAH (Aner) had the following children:
i. CHARLES HOUCHENS signed a will on OCT 13 1781. He died in 1782.
ii. RACHEL HOUCHENS was born about 1718 in Virginia.5
iii. ELIZABETH HOUTCHENS.
iv. AGNES HOUTCHENS.
16 v. JOHN HOUCHIN.
vi. SUSANNAH HOUTCHENS.
vii. MARY HOUTCHENS was born in 1723 in Goochland Co., VA.
viii. FRANCIS HOUCHINS was born in 1735 in Goochland Co., VA. He died in 1805 in Louisa Co., VA.
ix. JAMES HOUCHIN died in 1833.
64. EDWARD HOWCHENS6 was born about 1658 in England.7 He died in New Kent Co., VA. Living in New Kent County, Virginia in 1686
He was a parishioner in St. Peters Parish. He was a "possessioner" i.e. a
land holder. Records of New Kent County were burned in 1866.
He was reported to have been transported to America as a bond slave for 6
years. He was married to REBECCA about 1685.
65. REBECCA was born about 1660 in St. Peter's Parish, New Kent, VA.8 EDWARD HOWCHENS and REBECCA had the following children:
i. CHARLES HOUCHINS was christened on AUG 17 1690 in New Kent Co., VA. Obtained a grant of land in 1711 in King William Co., VA from Gov.
32 ii. EDWARD HOUTCHENS.
iii. RACHEL HOWCHENS was born on OCT 24 1686.
David P. Houchens
1501 Langston Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43220
1. GEDCOM file imported on 17 Feb 2000.
3. GEDCOM file imported on 17 Feb 2000.
4. Family Search-Morman Church. AFN:4K7C-SN.
5. Ibid. AFN: 4K7C-ZJ.
6. Dr. Paul C. Houchen. 1930/1950.
7. Family Search-Morman Church. AFN:4K7C-V1.
8. Ibid. AFN: 4K7C-W6.