Search for content in message boards

Early Orange County, VA Deed records

Replies: 0

Early Orange County, VA Deed records

Posted: 1370209441000
Classification: Deed
Surnames: Yancey
I was going through my files and foudn this.
It seems that many Yancey researchers have overlooked these
Deed records of Orange County. I did not have them in my Yancey database records.

Thought they would be of interest to others.
I seem to rememebr there may also be Kavanaugh family records in the same source. Ned to check.

VIRGINIA NORTHERN NECK LAND GRANTS - VOL. 1

YANCY, John of Orange County, 1749, was granted 400 acres in Orange County on the Great
Fork of the Rappahanock River (p. 31). Adjacent to Yancy's land, Thomas Bryan MARTIN
was granted acres, 1749 (p. 38). Adjacent to his own? land, Great Fork 1760 (p.121). He was
granted 400 acres in 1768 adjacent to John Yancy at the Great Fork of the Rappahanock in
Culpeper. (Culpeper was formed from Orange.)

YANCY, Lewis David or Davis of Orange County, 1747, was granted 1500 acres in Orange
adjacent to the Great Fork of the Rappahanock. (p. 23) and similar (p.24) Also was granted 300
acres in Orange adjacent to his other land (p.26) In 1750 he was granted 470 acres in Culpeper
County (p.44). More on p. 48, and several more. In 1751 he was granted more land adjacent to
JOHN YANCY in Culpeper (p.53). Also in 1751 he? was granted more land adjacent to Captain
Yancy (Captain James?) on the Great Fork (p.63).

MARTIN, Thomas BRYAN of Frederick County, 1749, was granted 312 acres and then 360
acres at the south Branch of the Potomac (p. 38) and also the land adjacent to JOHN YANCY
above. (He died in 1797, leaving a large bequest to his housekeeper Betsy Powers, sister of
Yancy Powers, John Powers et al as per Kathie Walsh. Betsy later married William Carnagy.)

Find a board about a specific topic