Search for content in message boards

SANFORD/MEDLOCK/YANCEY RECORDS

Replies: 0

SANFORD/MEDLOCK/YANCEY RECORDS

Posted: 1336786646000
Classification: Will
Surnames: yancey, medlock, sanford
http://www.ba044ancestry.com/MEDLOCKMATLOCK/HenryMedlocksono...

From the Chancery Records of Louisa Co. Va (Lib. Of VA) index #1819-025
Plaintiffs: Heir(s) of George Medlock - Defendants John Dickinson Etc
(one of many such records/depositions found in this suit collection)
Transcribed by Mary Jean Medlock Zimmerman, October 2002 From the

original records.

Halifax County Virginia: 22 day of November 1802
This day William Yancey (JR?). of full age personally appeared before me John Clark one of the Commonwealths Justices of the be all for the County aforesaid & made oath that some time in the year 1790. as well as he recollects, in the month of January. He was at a wedding at Mrs. Kerrenhappuck Sanfords in the aforesaid County of Halifax where he to the best of his knowledge saw Henry Medlock married to a Miss Kerren Sanford the mother of Susanna Medlock, daughter of the aforesaid Henry Medlock as the said Henry Medlock acknowledged by his last will and testament which said will the same Wiliam Yancey further saith he was a subscribing witness to (,)in which he willed to his Daughter Susan Medlock one half of the estate he then possessed & the other half to his wife Kerren Medlock .The said William Yancy further saith that the said Henry Medlock deceased, at the dwelling house of Mrs. Kerren Sandford in Halifax County Virginia. That some time after the death of the said Henry one George Medlock came into the County aforesaid to settle the unfinished business of the said Henry Medlock (,) who then acknowledged the said Henry to be his brother(,) both to be the sons of one Charles Medlock then living in the State of Georgia~The said William Yancy (JR?). further saith that Henry Medlock the aforesaid Susanna Medlock to be his daughter & was frequently fondleing with her as other parents are with their children.Given under my hand & seal the day above written. Wm Yancy (JR?) Given under my and & seal the day & year within written John Clark

Children of Henry:

- Susannah Medlock married Richard Shackleford. Dec 27 1814 Pittsylvania Co

VA Shackleford, Richard D. and Susan H.Medlock 27 Dec. 1814. Sur. William H. Glassock. pg. 57

Susannah H. Medlock -- Hancock Cnty, Ga--Deed Book K pp115-117.

Know all men by these presents that I, Susannah H Medlock of the county Pittsylvania & State of Virginia have made and ordained constitued & appointed & by these presents do constitute & appoint Joseph Sandford of Halifax County Virginia my true and lawful attorney for me in my name,but to my side, to all demand, sue for, recover & receive, all and every such property as is left me by my Grand Father Charles Medlock of Georgia, Warren County by will. To Wit negroes Adam and Eve and Eve's increase; the hire of said negroes since I was of age the twelfth day of November, eighteen hundred & eleven as well as arrears of kind ??????? From George Medlock dec. executors Ezekiel Smith and Mrs Medlock widow of George Medlock dec. who had the hiring of the same negroes aforesaid & for the now payment of the same hires or arrears of hires or any part thereof, or ??? not delivering up the negroes & their increase aforesaid, to enter a presentation against the executor & executrix aforesaid & cause the same to be disposed of according to law, and upon delivery of said negroes Adam, Eve and her increase & upon payment of said??? a ??? thereof for me in my name. To give acquaintances and discharge for the same & moneys so by him received immediately thereupon to pay over to me or my representations or to my order & further to do & execute all & every, any other lawful acts needful for the receiving recovering & obtaining of said negroes Adam and Eve, & her increase and hire in arrears now due or to grow due for the principle or any part thereof, but to me and for my use as aforesaid as fully & effectually to all intends & purposes as if I were personally present, hereby ratifying & confirming whatsoever my said attorney shall lawfully do or cause to be done or about the premises. In witness where of I hereunto set my hand & seal this 16th day of November for 1812. SUSANNAH H. MEDLOCK Test: Wm Yancy, Geo X Dodson (his mark), Labor Walters/

VIRGINIA PITTSYLVANIA COUNTY

At a quarterly court held for Pittsylvania County the 16th day of November

1812. The within letter of attorney was presented in court and proved by the oath of William Yancy and George Dodson two of the subscribing witnesses to be the act and deed of the within named Susannah H Medlock and by the court ordered records. In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand affixed the seal of my office this 17th day November in the year aforesaid.

WILL TUNSTALL/

VIRGINIA PITTSYLVANIA COUNTY To Wit: I David Hunt presiding Justice of the Peace in and for the County aforesaid do hereby certify that William Tunstall whose name is subscribed to above certificate was then and is now clerk of the court of said county that the said certificate is in due form and that full faith and credit is due and ought to be given to all his official acts as such whatsoever. Given under my hand and seal this 17th day of November 1812. D. HUNT Registered the 15th December 1812 PHIL S. SIMMS,Clk of Court - EX HANCOCK COUNTY GEORGIA

Find a board about a specific topic