Search for content in message boards

Vina Wyatt, a twin

Replies: 2

Re: Vina Wyatt, a twin

Posted: 1553132459000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Vina Wyatt Cockrill
Hi, My name is David Williams. My Grandmother was Cecil Williams (Cockrill) who married Van H. Williams Sr. They lived in Flint on Maple Ave. Irene (who lived on Van Slyke Road) was my grandmother's sister as was Doris who also lived in Flint. Irene sold pet birds out of her basement. My grandfather always kept a vegetable garden in her (Irene's) back yard. "Take as many beans as you want but don't touch the cantaloupes." My grandmother always said she was part indian. She told me she was part Cherokee but she told my brother (Van) that she was part Chickasaw. My grandmother, Irene's sister, always played with the truth. She never talked about her mother who died very young. Cecil died of alzheimer's. There were times when she thought she was back in Texarkana and had to make breakfast for her brothers and sisters. If you know more about Vina, please share. My grandmother got very dark in the summer when she went into the sun. When she went down south, she was often thought to be black and was refused service. Unless Vina Wyatt was part indian or possibly part black, I would question whether she is Vina Cockrill. If you want to email me directly, my email address is david@bwadv.com. I grew up in Grand Blanc south of Flint but now live in Madison, Wisconsin.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Wood_Kate 1379892680000 
jenniferwyatt... 1403233468000 
d3500 1553132459000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic