Search for content in message boards

Wooten

Replies: 0
Posted: 1554154210000
Classification: Query
Every now and then you can run across a pedigree that is not one of your ancestral lines, but stitches several of your seemingly unrelated ancestral lines together. Wooten is one of those pedigrees for me. All of the Wootens mentioned here are descendants of Thomas Wooten (born before 1613) and his wife Jane of Northhamptonshire, England. I have many Wooten DNA cousins from his descendants.

Faith Rogers (b. 1720’s), sister of my ancestor Sarah Rogers who married John Tarver , married James Wooten. Sarah Rogers is also the ancestor of Martha Lemons Brannon (b. 1836), my father’s maternal great aunt who married Alexander Abner Hewatt, my mother’s maternal great uncle. My ancestor Elizabeth Brannon married Lafayette Kelley and they had Milda Kelley, the mother of Ella Frances Payton (b. 1894) who is my paternal grandmother.

James Hewitt (b. 1790), brother of Alexander my ancestor who was the father of Alexander Abner Hewatt, married Elizabeth O’Shields of Spartanburg Co, SC, daughter of Jethro O’Shields. Jethro’s sister, Teresa O’Shields had illegitimate children by a man named Wooten. According to geographical data, he was probably the son of Dudley Wooten.

My maternal grandfather, Carl Watson Johnson (b. 1895) was descended from the Teague family and the Kilpatrick family. O’Shields/Wooten women married into both of these families in Gwinnett County, after he married Beatrice Hewatt.

Wooten connects Ella Frances Payton my paternal grandmother with my maternal grandfather Carl Watson Johnson through Henry Wooten who was a son of Dudley Wooten and his wife Elizabeth Martin. Luora Payton, sister of Ella Frances Payton, married John Anderson Wooten. Henry Johnson, brother of Carl Watson Johnson, married Francis Wooten.

I would enjoy corresponding with and sharing data with any other Wootens from this pedigree.

Find a board about a specific topic