My gg grandmother, Permelia Almeda Windham, born ca 1840 - 1842 in MS married Hardy A. Allen ca 1862. They had 9 children:
(1) Beda Delafair (Allen) Gibson - (1860 - 1885)
(2) Cassandra (Allen) Hosey - (1864 - 1911)
(3) Burton Allen (1863 - ??)
(4) James Wilson "Tomp" Allen - (1867 - 1944)
(5) Harriet (Allen) Bethea - (1870 - 1913)
(6) Courtney Alice (Allen) Gibson . (1872 - 1922) my g-grandmother - married Beda's husband after Beda died
(7) Priscilla Almeda "Priss" (Allen) Loftin - (1873 - 1944) gg grandma Permelia lived with this daughter after gg grandpa Hardy died.
(8) Matt Allen (although census records list him as Daniel A.) (1874 - 1958) Died in the Ellisville State School for the Insane and is buried in their cemetery. He beat his nephew Jim Bethea to death with a trace chain.
(9) Levy Allen - no info
Permelia (Windham) Allen is buried in Matthews Cemetery in Jones County, MS. Her tombstone has Mrs. P. A. Allen. The dates, on the stone, are incorrect (1824-1929). Based on those dates, she would have been over 50 when her last children were born. Census records indicate that her DOB was probably 1840 - 1842.
We (several cousins searching) have been unable to determine who Permelia's parents were. The Windham Book by Julious and Thelma Windham have her listed as the 17th "unproven" child of Daniel and Permelia Windham.
Her death certificate with info provided by her son-in-law, George Loftin, stated that her father's name was "George". Unfortunately, we've not been able to prove this.
Hoping that some of you Windham researchers may have a Permelia Almeda Windham ....with parentage....in your tree. (She was also listed, on at least one census, as Mary....so.....Mary Permelia Almedia Windham.)