Looking for the parents of George Washington White, b. April 19, 1860 Poplar Bluff, Butler Co., Missouri, d. June 2 1928 Stamford, Jones Co., Texas. Married Nov. 29, 1882 Dunklin, Missouri to Sarah Hardy. George’s father was killed in the Civil War in Missouri. The reason I say in Missouri is because my grandmother lived in Missouri and would do his laundry and meet him at a certain place so he could get his clean clothes. On one of her trips to take him clothes, it was raining and she just getting over the measles, had a back set of the measles and died. My grandfather (George Washington White) had a brother (I think his name was Calvin) there may have been another brother, they went to live with an uncle that was a doctor. All of this took place in Missouri. Children of George Washington White and Sarah Hardy:
1. Effie Octavene b. March 5, 1884 d. 1957, m. Louis F. Leggitt
2. Ada Mae b. April 8, 1886, d. Oct. 2, 1919, m. Cass A. Wattenberger
3. Harrison Everett, b. Mar. 16, 1888, d. (?)
4. Otis Edgar, b. June 22, 1890, d. Dec. 7, 1964, m. Martha Gorda Paulk
5. Alfred Grover “Buck”, b. Sept. 9. 1892. d. April 11, 1951, m. Iva Mae Hall
6. Edna Ruth, b. Feb. 3, 1895, d. Nov. 29, 1967, m. Lonnie Sibley
7. Alfonzo L. “Allie”, b. Aug. 1, 1900, d. Mar. 1977, m. Bera Bartley
8. Ruby Rhea, b. Feb. 4, 1902, d. Feb. 7, 1994, m. William Roscoe Perryman
9. Rudolph D. b. Dec. 26, 1903, d. (?), m. Lena (?)
10. Bonnie D., b. July 16, 1907, d. Aug. 4, 1968 m. Minnie Thornton
If any of this information sounds remotely familiar, please get in touch with me.
Thanks in advance for your help.