Search for content in message boards

Wives of Meredith Burton Webb Jr. and Washington Webb.

Replies: 0

Wives of Meredith Burton Webb Jr. and Washington Webb.

Posted: 1564327538000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1564342206000
Hi Webb researchers,

I'm on the verge of breaking down a 30 year old brick wall involving my 3g grandmother, "Martha Unknown b. abt. 1813 VA," whose second husband was Washington Webb b. 1806, son of Meredith Burton Webb Sr and Elizabeth Hafley.

My aunts, cousins and I have strong DNA matches with several descendants of Meredith Jr., but there is no DNA connection to them via Washington Webb as we descend from Martha's first husband, William C. Gant. This connection is currently unexplained.

I see in a lot of trees that Meredith's wife's name is "Sarah Johnson," but in conversing with some of those researchers, no one has a source for the name the Johnson, and they say it's unproven. I have another theory...

I believe Sarah and my Martha were sisters, and that they were the daughters of a Walker man, probably from Giles County, TN.

You Meredith researchers will recognize the name Walker because Meredith and Sarah had a son named Walker Webb b. 1842. That adds a little circumstantial evidence to my theory.

If there are any descendants of Meredith and Sarah out there who have taken either the AncestryDNA test or Family Finder test at Family Tree DNA and are willing to work me on this, I'd welcome the assistance. I think I can build a very strong case for this Walker theory if I can get access to more DNA results.

Thanks.

Jane

Find a board about a specific topic