Search for content in message boards

Weaver, Lacy or Akers family that married into the Bettis family in Morristown, TN.

Replies: 0

Weaver, Lacy or Akers family that married into the Bettis family in Morristown, TN.

Posted: 1148610459000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1150561342000
I am searching for information on Weaver, Lacy or Akers family that married into the Bettis family in Morristown, TN.
Columbus Bettis married Julia Akers.
Their children were:
Mary K.
Charles
Ruby
Allen
Willis
Julia must have died and it looks like Columbus married Martha Unknown. I'm not sure where the children went. Mary K. and Willis lived with Walter Akers on the 1910 census.

I'm a little confused about just who Columbus' father was. Was he Bradley or David????

As near as I can tell Columbus had a sister Martha Bettis who married Walter Akers.
Children were:
Carl
Letha

Julia and Walter Akers were brother and sister to John Thomas Akers who married my Mary Lacy.
Their son was William Sherman Akers.

Mary Lacy Akers is my direct line. She and her family:
William G. Lacy
Eliza D. (Weaver) Lacy, Father Isaac Weaver b. 1817 and Mary Humphrey of Sullivan Co. Tennessee
Edgar A.
Nola , Nola married John Ervin Lance in NC but moved to Morristown about 1920.
Walter Nelson Lacy, lived in Knoxville.

lived in Morristown between 1880 and 1900. Mary married John Akers in this time and stayed but the rest of her family moved to Hot Springs, NC. Mary Lacy Akers family are all buried there in the Jarnigan and Morristown Cemeteries.

Can anyone help me find information about a Grocery Store that John Akers and John Lance worked in between 1900 and 1930 , birth , marriage or death dates or pictures of any of the people listed above.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Barbara

Find a board about a specific topic