Search for content in message boards

William Watson Parents?

Replies: 0

William Watson Parents?

Posted: 1539493669000
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Watson, Evans
Hey friends!

Trying to track down my grandfather's side of the family. Looking for any help possible! My great-grandfather's name was William "Willie" Henry Watson. As far as we know, his mother passed away when Willie was young and he was adopted/fostered by the Blasdel Family. I have been able to find a document from 1910 where Willie is mentioned as being a 5yo orphan staying with James Scott Blasdel and his sister. They were both elderly at the time. That is as far back as I have been able to find. In other documents listed Willie states that he was born in Oklahoma and that his parents are from Missouri and Arkansas. His brother's (Bethel Lucian Watson) death certificate mentions that their mother's maiden name was Evans and my grandfather believes her first name was Lucretia.

My grandfather's whole life he has been told by his father (my great grandfather Willie) that all of the siblings were adopted into different families because their mother and father both died and there was no blood family to take all of the children (I believe there were 5 of them). Willie also told my grandfather that their birth father was a doctor from Europe and that he died on the ship coming to the USA. Apparently, their mother remained. My grandfather is fuzzy on those facts. However, I want to be able to track down his father's records/past to show my grandfather while he is good health because this "family history/story" has been told to me since I was a child, and to him as well. Looking for any clues as to the best avenue to go about finding more information. Anything helps!!

Find a board about a specific topic