Search for content in message boards

Vance Family from Arkansas and Missouri

Replies: 0

Vance Family from Arkansas and Missouri

Posted: 1562824366000
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Vance
I know there was a John Vance in Randolph County (then Lawrence County) Arkansas because he was listed as one of the commissioners to the first court house. My grandmother lived on Vance Street a block from the courthouse. I haven't found any other evidence that the street was named after him.
James Larkin Vance is buried near Rector, Arkansas between both wives. It's a little strange because his first wife Arminta's stone is facing away from them. This is the only information I have on James Larkin Vance. I would love to know a little about him. His son was Willie Ira Vance who married Rosa Isa Myrtle Shrum. They are buried in Senath, Missouri. Their son Ulous Vance was born with one short arm (a family birth defect is evident in other family members too) he was raised in Arbyrd, Missouri and then lived in Hornersville on the floodway ditches near Rives after he married Johnnie Ludell Gill. Ulous and Ludell had two sons: Jerry and Larry. Larry is my husband Michael's Dad. He passed away May 3, 2019. I would love to talk to anyone who is this Vance family lineage.

Mary (Rickman) Vance

Find a board about a specific topic