Search for content in message boards

Queen of Scots, House of Stuart Question

Replies: 0

Queen of Scots, House of Stuart Question

Posted: 1541162938000
Classification: Query
I have this individual in my tree and am attempting to connect the lineage to validate the claim in the photo, if anyone has any info that would help it would be most appreciated. In the book "A Brief History of the Thomason Family in the United States" I also found this; "John Diamond of the Province of Bute, Scotland, married Elizabeth Stuart of the House of Stuart, Scotland. In Burke's Peerage and Edmund Lodge's Peerage, Elizabeth Stuart is mentioned, but her name is completely ended without saying if she died, married, or what became of her. This Elizabeth Stuart was a niece of Queen Anne, and as John Diamond of the Province of Bute, Scotland, was not of Royal family is why her name was dropped. She did not marry a peer. John Diamond and his wife came to America. No date found. A John Thomason, born 1724; died 1825, married their only child Elizabeth, born 1739 died 1829. They are buried at Ashville, St Clair county Alabama. They had ten children." This account differs from "Find a grave" which says "Elizabeth Stuart, niece of Queen Anne and seventh generational descendant of Mary Queen of Scots.

Married first, a commoner, John DIAMOND.

Married second, John R. Duet THOMASON, 1724-1825, formerly of Petersburg, Dinwiddie County, Virginia, a commissioned officer of the North Carolina Regiment, a veteran of the American Revolutionary War."

Can we link these claims with any reliable documentation?
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic