Search for content in message boards

Weldon Mansfield Stroud and William W(?) Stroud, Orange County, North Carolina Mid 1800's

Replies: 0

Weldon Mansfield Stroud and William W(?) Stroud, Orange County, North Carolina Mid 1800's

Posted: 1567973517000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stroud
I am looking for anyone who can help me untangle a little mess I have run into. My 2nd great-grandfather is Weldon Mansfield Stroud, married to Sarah C Durham in 1871 in Orange County. The US Federal Census in 1850 has a Weldon Stroud, age 3 (DOB 1947). The 1860 Census has a Weldon, age 12 and William, age 8 (DOB 1852). Their parents were HMC and Cornelia Stroud. I have found a death certificate for a William M. Stroud, DOB Nov 1, 1846, DOD March 17, 1924, parents HMC and Cornelia. This DOB does not line up with William's DOB of 1852. I have also found a 1880 census for Orange County that has a William W, age 27, living with Weldon (head of household) and Sarah (wife).

My assumption is the name is incorrect on the death certificate. Other than the name William on the death certificate associated with Weldon and the 1870 census, William, age 18, I have not been able to find any other information about William W(?) Stroud.

Find a board about a specific topic