Claremont Courier newspaper in Claremont,California on Dec 2 1908.
ORPHANS TO HAVE HOME AT HOLLYWOOD
Little boys and girls who have no mothers and fathers to care for them are to have a beautiful new home in the country. One of Los Angeles philanthropists, Charles M. Stimson, widely known as a public spirited man, recently has donated to the Los Angeles Orphans home five acres of land in South Hollywood.
Mr.Stimson believes that children like the country better than the city and that it is better for their well being to enjoy acres of land on which to play and grow than to be confined to the recreation provided by a walled in city lot.
The only provision made by Mr.Stimson in donating this site is that work shall be begun on a new building within one year. This will mean much zealous work on the part of the officers and board of directors of the Orphans home, and they will inaugurate at once a campaign for raising funds.
The contemplated plans for the new home provide for an administrative building and cottages to be built in groups. This is to give children as much of the home atmosphere as possible, as well as to teach them the rudiments of farming and gardening.There will be an industrial school and extensive and well fitted athletic grounds.
The Los Angeles Orphans' home was founded in 1830 by Mrs. D.G.Stephens.Since that year Rev B.F. Coulter has served as treasurer of the organization.
1910 census in Los Angeles,Ca on South Hope Street at Young Mens Christian Association. Charles M Stimson age 68 born in Maine, real estate broker.
1899 Los Angeles city directory: Stimson Bros. real estate and loans at 209 Gard and Zellner Bldg at 218 south Broadway.
G.W. and C.M.Stimson
also Stimson Bros Block at 754 San Fernando,Los Angeles,Ca.
also Charles M Stimson of Stimson brothers at residence of 223 South Hill