Search for content in message boards

I just recently found that I am a direct descendent of Sylvester Stover (Stafford)

Replies: 0

I just recently found that I am a direct descendent of Sylvester Stover (Stafford)

Posted: 1564535215000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stover, Stafford, Renaud
For the longest time, I was told my paternal ancestry was mostly Norwegian. However, through extensive DNA testing (National Genographic, Family Tree DNA, AncestryDNA and 23andMe) I have found that my YDNA is actually from another donor (a man named David Stover).

This explains my YDNA connections to many Stovers and Staffords in several databases (one Stafford descendent and I being a 67 marker match). Therefore, I would like to offer my YDNA (Haplogroup R1b-L21-L1066) to this group to help further clarify the origins of this ancestor's line.

My Family Tree DNA results show the SNP's ancient origin being in the Swiss Alp and Southern Bavaria region. Personally, I believe it to be Norman (French) based on the amount of Norman distant cousins (one recurring surname being Renaud).

I am more than willing to provide all the pertinent data I have to someone who is better versed in researching this line and topic further. Please feel free to reach out through me here if you're interested.

Find a board about a specific topic