Search for content in message boards

The Loyalists Springers of Hamilton, Ontario

Replies: 2

The Loyalists Springers of Hamilton, Ontario

Posted: 1297741373000
Classification: Query
Surnames: SPRINGER, CARROLL, KELLEY
Once again, I'm looking for the parents of Mary Christina Springer, born c1778, Albany, NY, wife of Owen Kelley. I just received an old genealogy from the family of Lydia Kelley Carroll - Lydia was one of Mary Christina's daughters. This genealogy states that Mary Christina was the daughter of Richard Springer and Sarah Boyce. Richard was a Loyalist who served in Butler's Rangers and was one of the first settlers of today's Hamilton, Ontario; he was the son of Rev. David Springer, a Loyalist, who was killed in 1777, Stillwater, NY, on his way to the Battle of Saratoga. There are lists of Richard's children and there seems to be no room for Mary Christina. However, it seems evident from various old sources that Mary Christina was in some way connected to the descendants of Rev. David Springer. For example, it was preserved in the genealogical papers of Dr. Reive who researched in the Niagara/Hamilton area c. 1920, that Mary Christina was buried in Rose Hill Cemetery, near St. Clair, Michigan. Rose Hill is a small rural cemetery two miles south of the city of St. Clair in St. Clair Co., Mich. and I have seen the old plat map which shows a lot belonging to Mary Christina's daughter Susan Kelley Carroll. It seems to be a bit of esoteric information to have turned up in Dr. Reive's papers without some knowledge. If anyone can help pin down Mary Christina, you will be solving a great mystery that many descendants are looking to solve.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SuzanneWFrant... 1297741373000 
ExpatMom 1518205466000 
celineandray 1570535843000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic