Can this be your Wilmer
1. John Irick Shinn (7); b. 8/9/1810; farmer; m. Hannah Wilbur, daughter of Daniel
and Mary (Smith) Lyons, 1/15/1837, and had children, who, for the most part,
live in and around Burlington, N. J.:
1. Elizabeth Shinn (8), who m. Joseph Shumard.
2. Catherine Shinn (8), who m. Daniel Cross.
3. John Shinn (8), who died young.
4. Sarah Shinn (8), who married Charles Page.
5. Elnora Shinn (8), who died young.
6. Adam Charles Shinn (8), who m. Meribah Page.
7. Col. John Irick Shinn (8); b. 8/30/1846, near Georgetown; worked on a farm
near Buddtown; in 1864 enlisted in Co. I, 37th N. J. Vol. Inf.; after the war
worked on a farm near Jacobstown; then at New Egypt; then tried the butcher
business at Columbus; in 1878 moved to Burlington, where he has since resided;
joined the National Guard of New Jersey in May, 1881; private in Co.
A, 6th Regiment; lieutenant and captain, 1885; major, 1893; colonel 3d Regiment,
1900; member of Burlington City Council; Methodist; Republican; a
typical American; married, 12/5/1867, Rachel A. Cranmer, b. 8/5/1843, and
1. Frank I. Shinn (9); b. 3/20/1869; m., October, 1890, Bertha Sampson, and
had three childrenReta May Shinn, Aida Shinn and John Wilfred Shinn:
The two first died in infancy, and the mother died 7/1/1895; in 1898 Frank
I. Shinn married the second time, Matilda Fowler, and had one childWebster
Shinn. The father died October 6th, 1900.
2. Judson Shinn (9); b. 8/3/1872; m., in Feb., 1899, Emma Robins, and had one
3. Ridgway F. Shinn (8); b. 1/24/1875.
4. Daniel C. Shinn (9); b. 2/26/1878; enlisted in Co. K, 3d N. J. Vol. Inf., SpanishAmerican
War; d. 7/18/1898.
5. Arthur Shinn (9); b. 2/15/1881; m. Anna Wilkinson, November, 1900.
6. Wilmer (9); 7, Louise (9); 8, Delora (9).