I am a little late in replying to your posting,perhaps because I have been involved with other activities.
Reuben Riker, born c.1800 was the son of Peter I. Riker and his second wife Martha Corby. They lived near the present town of Veronia,Essex Co. NJ. Reuben Riker married 14 Sept 1822 in Essex County to Matilda Spear. ( Essex County marriage records) Proof of parentage is in the partion of his father's estate ( Abstracts of Essex County, NJ Partitions and Divisions of Estates 1793-1881 by Virginia A. Brown. S-600).
Peter I. Riker, born 27 Aug 1751, died 1806 married 1st Marytie Steeger and had one child who probably died young. Peter married 2nd about 1786 to Martha Corby.
There children were:
1. Rhoda Riker, b. 1788 married George P. Martin
2. Ann Riker, born 1789 married Danuel Munn
3. Mary Riker, born 1791 married Stephen Dodd
4. William Parker Riker, born 1794, married 1st Joanna Perry; 2nd Abigail Kent. William died 26 Oct 1852, buried at Calwell Prersbyterian churchyard.
5. Hette Gould Riker, born 1795, She died unmarried 1818
6. Herma Gould Riker, born 1795 Twin. She died 19 Oct 1813
7. Phebe Riker, born c.1798 married Enos S. Munn
8. Reuben Riker, born c.1800 married Matilda Spear
9. Abiah Riker, born Living at the time of property
10 Noah Sayre Riker, born Jan 1806. He married in 1828 Martha Marr. He died 1882 Yonkers, NY
Peter I. Riker was the son of Isaac Ryker, born 8 Feb 1728 near Second River (Belleville, NJ). He married Annetie Egherse.
Isaac Ryker was the son of Abraham Rycke, born c.1690 on Staten Island and Anneke Oliver. They moved from Staten Island to Essex County, NJ in the 1720's
Abraham Rycke, born c.1690 on Staten Island was the son of Hendrick Rycken and his wife Femmetie married about 1668.
Hendrick was born 1648-49 in Arnhem, Gelderland, The Netherlands and came to New Netherlands (New York area) in 1653 was his parents.
Hendrick Rycken was the son of Ryck(Rijck Hendricksen and his wife Judith Cornelis who married at Arnhem 16 Jan 1639 and came to New Netherland in 1653 with at least two children who are mentioned in New Amsterdam records in 1658 when Judith died.
Anything more on Reuben's family would help my genealogy I plan to publish. I have him in Cayuga Co., town of Throop, NY in 1860 census.
David M. Riker