Seeking information on my maternal side of the family.
I have a photo album given to my grandmother (I believe) from this side of the family. It lists the following people and locations. Without the photo album I wouldn't even have this information! what a find - my mother didn't even realize she had it! Here goes...
Bernhard Puranen: my great grandfather, who was born in Finland about 1887, came to the US around 1904 (it is believed), lived in New York, NY and died around 1919 when he fell off a roof onto a picket fence. He had married Sanni Hakala in New York and had two children, Vieno Maria and Vilho (William) Bernhard Puranen. Vieno Maria is my grandmother.
Sanni Hakala: born 1888 in Finland, died March 12, 1966 in Foster, Rhode Island, USA. Immigrated to the USA on or after 1905 (the story she told was when she was 17).
Bernhard's parents: Kustaa (Gustav)and Vilhelmiina Puranen
Possibly located in Kotka, Lansi-Suomen Laani, Finland - pictures in the album are from in and around Kotka in the 1940's or 1950s it is believed. Other locations include Isokyro, Laihia, or Wassa, Finland.
Possibly sibling of Bernhard: Ines Varpio - mother of Eva & Veijo - maiden name possibly Puranen because the photo album included others from the Puranen family.
Eva Varpio - born abt 1938
Veijo Varpio - born abt 1929
Others in the album, but limited information exists:
- Ines - picture from 1941 - nurse at military hospital in Kotka
- Eva, Martta, Ines, Veijo
- Isa, Jaska, Fanni, Saimi, & Martta
- Bernhard's sister Ida, her daughter Eva, Ineksen daughter Eva & Veijo
- "Big Eva" and "Little Eva"
- "Big Eva" dental doctor? ("Iso Eva - Hammas Laakari; Martta ambulance atttendant? ("Sairaar hoitaja") 1933
- Iso-Eva, Ida, Helka, Valda, Pikku-Eva, Veijo, Veli-Verner (1932)
Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!