Search for content in message boards

Ernest Elmer Pearce born 1883/1884 in Bell County, Texas

Replies: 0

Ernest Elmer Pearce born 1883/1884 in Bell County, Texas

Posted: 1540460453000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pearce, Jones, Davenport, Devenport
Ernest Elmer Pearce (Ernest) married Lela Davenport in 1905 in Eddy County, New Mexico. They had a son, Wilburn, also in 1905. Sometime before 1910, they divorced. Ernest then began living with a Madora Jones as shown by the 1910 census and they said they were married on the census, but, there is evidence from Bell County, TX, that Ernest and Madora were married in 1912. So it looks like they kind of fibbed on the census. Wilburn's death certificate shows his father, Ernest's, birthplace as Bell County, TX. Ernest's death certificate shows his birthplace as Holland, TX, which is in Bell County. Can anyone refute that the Ernest Pearce that married Lela in 1905 is the same Ernest that married Madora in 1912? I know death certificates can be wrong so I was hoping to get some more evidence about this from fellow researchers on Ancestry. All the trees I could find on Ancestry that mention Ernest and Madora have no mention of Ernest's FIRST marriage to Lela Davenport. Thanks for any information on this! Dennis

Find a board about a specific topic