Search for content in message boards

Owens family in Maryland/District of Columbia

Replies: 1

Owens family in Maryland/District of Columbia

Posted: 1525289730000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Owens
Hey everyone,

I hope there is at least someone who can help me on this.

I have been doing research into the Owens family in Maryland/District of Columbia as that is my dad's side of the family and the farthest I have been able to get to is James P. Owens and his wife Nancy A. Raley who died in a train accident in January of 1891.

The estimated birth year for James P. Owens is anywhere between 1810-1815. James P. Owens is the father of Samuel J. Owens who was born sometime in the 1850s in the District of Columbia.

I am kind of getting frustrated as there seems to be nothing on James P. Owens. I cannot find anything on his siblings or parents. All I know is that James P. Owens was born sometime between 1810-1815 in Maryland, married Nancy A. Raley, had a couple of kids including Samuel J. Owens, had been living in the District of Columbia since the early 1830s up until 1891 when the train accident occurred, and he is buried in Rock Creek Cemetery in the District of Columbia. I don't know what parts of Maryland his family might have lived, but I am looking in Prince George's County, Anne Arundel County, Montgomery County, and Baltimore County. I am looking at all the counties in Maryland, but I am paying more attention to those specific counties.

So, if anyone is in the same boat as me, but has more information, I would greatly appreciate the help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Cats315 1525289730000 
eyvonne_c 1536441180000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic