Search for content in message boards

my dna results...Not what I first thought

Replies: 0

my dna results...Not what I first thought

Posted: 1515160405000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1515161472000
Surnames: MOODY/Moodie/Mudie
I had previously written a message on here regarding what I Thought my dna results were telling me, but I later found out that the numbers following the categories given to me are NOT numerical matches per-say. They are regions within the areas and Only those categories with different colored dots preceeding those regions indicate where your ancestry hails from. So the Native American link at this stage is still unproven. I cannot begin to express how disappointed I am, but I'm going to remain hopeful that over time someone within our Harpswell family, male and female will also take this Ancestry dna and ydna tests and we will finally know for certain if we have Indian blood or if that has been just a myth for generations. There is no doubt that my 3rd grt grandfather was an Indian doctor as he is listed as such in all the documentation I have found on him in Lowell, MA. Also that his mothers brother was also an Indian doctor and lived not so far away from them when our Joseph would have been learning the ways. So, I apologize for posting my previous message and if anyone read it there were no replies, but disregard ALL the info Except that we are pretty solidly established in Scotland (Orkney area and others parts), Ireland (Ulster area) and Norway (all over the map) from what I can tell so far. If anything changes as possible more dna results come in, I'll post it on this board.
So, as it shows now:
European WEST -(Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg) = 14

Scotland, Ireland, Wales (Orkney East side only, Nor.Ireland around Co. Down Clare, Newry, Tandragee where the MOODIE's lived) and Wales...I don't know about = 24

Scandinavia-All areas of Norway are showing up according to their maps??? = 17

Grt. Britain (which I find a confusing category as I thought Scotland, Ireland and Wales were all part of Grt. Britain, but it says we have it =13
So. Europe = 11
Europe EAST = 14
Finland/Northwest Russia = 4

Thats it for now.

Find a board about a specific topic