Search for content in message boards

Israel and sons Edmund and Tillman Miller of SC

Replies: 2

Louisa and Luna FOWLER md. MILLER brothers

Posted: 1262418677000
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: FOWLER, WEST, MAHAFFEY, MILLER
I have some info that may help with these lines. I am descended from Archibald FOWLER (prob. son of John) and his wf. Edith WEST, dau of Alexander.

Shown in 1800 w/ 5 daughters. They had a total of 11 children (3 living sets of twins).
Jessefy md. Elijah PIKE;
twin *Mary md. John EVANS; her twin *John W. md. Harriet TOWERS;
twin**Leah whose twin was **Rachael; Leah md. John MAHAFFEY & Rachael md. John PIKE.
Your twin***Louisa and twin***Luna (twins b.14 Nov 1801) became Louisa and Lucy; and they married the MILLER brothers, Edmund and Tillman; respectively. [Luna/Lucy was not mentioned in her father's will; all others were named, and John W. FOWLER was the executor; will settled 22 Feb 1839,1840. Luna had died after marrying & moving to Pickens Co., SC. There are some who say that she took her own life, but I have no proof of this. Her husband remarried Caroline VINES.]
Another dau. was Lavina "Vina" FOWLER who md. John POOL. One son WEST I. FOWLER md. & went to Arkansas. One source says he is actually the twin to John W., but others say John W. is the twin of Mary; I will leave that for someone else to discover as I have no proof either way except that Mary and her husband as well as brother John W. & his wf. moved to the same place.
Lovey md. Davidson WALDREP/WALDREFI.
The last FOWLER son, Alexander, md. Minerva WALKER, dau of Lynn WALKER & Susan WEST. They went to AL where Alexander died and his wf. returned to Greenville, SC.

The above children are not listed in birth order. Leah who md. John "Flint John" MAHAFFEY, was b. in 1795 along w/her twin Rachael; Leah is my ancestor. Her dau. Edy MAHAFFEE md. Alexander GREER, and they were my G-G'parents. Through all these generations, the names Rachael, Leah, and Edith have been handed down through our family. My Great-aunts were Leah and Edith GREER while my mother was named Rachael, and it is my middle name. We hope to see these traditions continue.

I have more info on all these folks if anyone needs it. I hope this helps you! Thanks! Contact: pringle71@yahoo.com

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jhsjr46 1220805384000 
mamie52637 1261329837000 
Dolores Pring... 1262418677000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic