Trying to find out information about James Mawhorter/McWhorter b. Jan. 04, 1801 in Washington County, Pennsylvania and d. Oct. 23, 1876 in Noble County, Indiana. Also looking for information about his wife Margaret Mawhorter/McWhorter b. May 02, 1806 in Washington County, Pennsylvania. They were married in Muskigum County, Ohio March 26, 1828.
The info. I have about them so far is where they were born, married, and died. Margaret's maiden name seems to be McWhorter or MeWhorter according to thier marriage record. They were living in Salt Rock township, Marion County, Ohio in 1840 and then in 1845 Wyandot County, Ohio was formed and the portion of Salt Rock township, Marion County, Ohio that James and Margaret lived in became Antrim townshiip, Wyandot County, Ohio where they are listed in the 1850 census as James and Margaret McWherter. My 4rth Great-Grandfather James M. Mawhorter (1833-1897) a son of James and Margaret mentions in his obituary that he came to Noble County, Indiana in 1853 with his parents, about the time they seemed to change the spelling of the name from McWhorter to Mawhorter. I believe the surename name was changed becouse James and Margaret may have been inbred (Relatives of the same surename who married each other). James and Margaret were living in Elkhart township, Noble County, Indiana in the 1860 census.
I don't have access to any Courthouses or libraries in Pennsylvania or Ohio being so far away, so I figured I'd post on message boards.
Specific information I'm looking for is,
1. Where were they between 1829 - 1839 ?
2. Also looking for any information about them in Washington County, Pennsylvania?
3. Where were they in Washington County, Pennsylvania and who were their parent's were?
One assumption about who I think James parent's were is how he named his children. But I'm looking for a recorded document from a courthouse or library to prove it. I think his parent's may have been John McWhorter and Hannah Polly Early.
Here's my assumption why I think John McWhorter and Hannah Polly Early may have been his parent's.
James Mawhorter/McWhorter and Margaret Mawhorter/McWhorter
1. Kilborn (first born, named becouse his father John died in 1803 after James was born in 1801.)
2. James M. (named after himself)
3. John (named after James's father John)
4. William (named after James's Grandfather William McWhorter b. 1745 in Bucks County, PA.)
5. Robert (named after James's Great-Grandfather Robert McWhorter b. abt.1700 who married Sarah Johnston)
6. Adeline (?????)
7. Caroline (????)
8. Aaron "also spelled Marion in 1860" (??????)
9. Margaret E. (named after James's wife Margaret)
10. Hannah (named after James's mother Hannah Early Polly)
Just an assumption but so far it's all I have.