Search for content in message boards

Layton - Hancock Co, Illinois

Replies: 0

Layton - Hancock Co, Illinois

Posted: 1434182796000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Layton, Melton
Looking to identify the husband of Ada Melton.

She is found in the 1900 federal census in La Harpe, Hancock Co, Illinois with husband who is (unfortunately) only identified in this record with an initial. Could be M. Layton, could be W. Layton.

Per this record ___ Layton and Ada Melton were married 1892; I have not been able to find them in an Illinois or Iowa state marriage indexes.

They had one son: Ralph Thomas Layton, born 22 Feb 1897 in Illinois, d. 6 Nov 1963 Illinois, burial Floral Hill Cemetery, Iroquois Co, Illinois, married to Inez Palmer.

Have not been able to locate either ____ Layton or Ada Melton in the 1910 census; by 1920 Ada has married to Joseph Marshall.

____ Layton – I could not find him in any subsequent records; nor could I match him to any census records; not found as having died/buried in Hancock Co, Illinois. There are other Laytons located in Hancock Co, Illinois, but I have not been able to connect him to any of those families.

It is unknown if he and Ada divorced (and if so when), or if he died before 1910 (or 1920?).

If anyone can identify him please contact me at Lisajoystal3@gmail.com.

Find a board about a specific topic