Rev. John Ebenezer Kelly, b. 1847, Devon, UK

Replies: 2

Re: Rev. John Ebenezer Kelly, b. 1847, Devon, UK

Heather Hobbis (View posts)
Posted: 1154493633000
Classification: Query
Surnames: KELLY
Helo Cherilyn

I'm in Adelaide and for 10 years I have been doing free research for people all over the world who want information about family/ancetors who came here in the 1800's. I was in the South Australian State Library a few days ago and found the following.

I found very little regarding South Australia, but the following is what I did find:-

John Ebeneza Kelly was born Shebbear Devon, United Kingdom in 1847 to William Kelly & Elizabeth Kraushaar.

MARRIAGE

John Ebeneza Kelly married Clara Braggs on 7th May 1868 at Clifton, Gloucester.
Clara was born 18th February 1845 in Tawnton, Saint Mary

John's occupation/s were stated as (1) Bootmaker journeyman and (2) A reverend minister.

Magdalene, Somerset, daughter of James Bragg and Ann Cooperto James Bragg and Ann Cooper.

Clara died 29th July 1919 in Leederville, Western Australia.

DEATH

John Kelly died 1890 in Angaston, South Australia.

ELIZABETH KRAUSCHAAR

Elizabeth Krauschar was Christened 21st May 1806 at St. Botolph,Bishopgate, London. She was the daughter of Jacob Andrew Krauschaar, who was born in 1784, and died 20th July 1811 at Bunhill Fields, London,

Jacob was the son of John Conrad Kraushaar and catherine Elisabeth Ninau. John married catherine on 29th April 1772 at London.

MARRIAGE

Jacob Andrew Krauschaar married Mary Barbara Fesenmeyer
12th May 1805 at St. Luke, Finsbury Park, London.

John Krauschaar was born in 1741 in Germany and died 23rd March 1801 in East London.

DEATH

John Ebenezer Kelly died 6th October 1890 in Angaston, South Australia.

I don't know where you are, but Angaston is a lovely little town in the Barossa Valley in South Australia. My husband and I spent a lot of time there last year, when we were doing our final year of being Salvation Army Officers, before we retired.

I am hoping to get back to the South Aus. State Library fairly soon, and when I do I'll look up more information re John Ebenezer Kelly & Clara Bragg for you.

Hoping the above is of some interest.

Regards

Heather
in a sunny, but very cold afternoon
in Adelaide

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Cherilyn 1151980194000 
Heather Hobbis 1154493633000 
Cherilyn 1154496183000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic