Are these the two daughters I sent to you about one year ago and their descendents after my research that I found them.
Descendants of Samuel Valentine Isenhour
Generation No. 1
1. SAMUEL VALENTINE7 ISENHOUR (VALENTINE6, JOHN D.5, JOHANNES "JOHN"4, MARTIN3 EISENHOWER, HANS NICHOLAS2 EISENHAUER, HANS PETER1 EISENHAULER) was born 1859 in Caddo Twp., Montgomery Co., Ark, and died Apr 23, 1895 in Abilene, Taylor Co., Tx (Source: Taylor County News dated April 26, 1895:S.V. Isenhour, who lived in southeast Abilene, died Tuesday evening.The Abilene Reporter dated Friday, April 26, 1895:Mr. Isenhour died Tuesday night of measles.). He married ELIZA "LIZA" J. BLACK Oct 10, 1875 in Corsicana, Navarro Co., Tx (Source: State of Texas Navarro County, Texas Marriage Certificate issued at City of Corsicana, Texas. (S.V. Isenhour marries Miss L.J. Black)), daughter of GRANDERSON BLACK and NANCY WILLIAMS. She was born 1860 in Tx, and died Apr 14, 1889 in Abilene, Taylor Co., Tx (Source: Taylor County News dated Friday, April 19, 1889:Mrs. Vol Isenhower died last Sunday morning of a dropsical affection.).
Notes for SAMUEL VALENTINE ISENHOUR:
On July 6, 2004, cousin Tibbie Adams from the Priscilla Black Pruitt side, sent Mike Pruitt an email stating that Priscilla and Martha Pruitt sister was Liza Black and she married Valentine Eisenhower who was kin to President Dwight D. Eisenhower. She stated that this information came from notes that her sister Lawanda Ranel Robertson Thompson had in her possession that she learned and wrote down from her aunt, Bessie Pruitt Jackson before Bessie's death in 1973.
On July 30, 2004, Flora Dell Ollinger, another cousin on the Martha Black Pruitt side, stated in a email that her grandmother( Mary Pruitt Hensley) talked of her mother (Martha Pruitt), speaking about her sister, Eliza, living in Abilene, Tx and married to a Isenhour and that we were connected to former President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Stanley Dee Pruitt, my dad, also spoke several times before he passed away that rumors in the family was that we were related to President Dwight D. Eisenhower but he never found out exactly how we were.
In 1880 census of Navarro Co., Tx in 132 Dist. in household #86:
Sam V. Isenhour age 20 born Ark Farming
Eliza J. Isenhour age 18 born Texas Keeping House, dad born in Ark. and Mom in Texas
President Dwight David Eisenhower connection:
The generation follows as Samuel Valentine Isenhour father was Valentine Isenhour whose father was John D. Isenhour whose father was Johannes "John" Isenhour whose father was Martin Isenhour whose father was Hans Nicholas Eisenhower whose brother was John Peter Eisenhour whose son was Frederick Eisenhower whose son was Jacob Frederick Eisenhower whose son was David Jacob Eisenhower who son was Dwight David Eisenhower, the 34th President of the United States.
The spelling of Isenhour or Eisenhower was changed when they arrived in America from Germany by some family members.
Notes for ELIZA "LIZA" J. BLACK:
In 1870 census Limestone Co, Tx Eutaw Post Office in Dwelling# 1202, two census pages from May Pruitt, and several houses from George Whitman and his wife then, Julie Ann Smith Whitman. In household was Nancy Black 35 years old , Keeping House born in Texas, Jas age 14, Susan age 12, Eliza age 10, and Daniel age 7, all born in Texas.
Eliza J. Black Isenhour died at the early age of 29 years old. She was the younger sister of Martha Elizabeth Black Pruitt and Priscilla LeeAnna Black Pruitt.
Children of SAMUEL ISENHOUR and ELIZA BLACK are:
2. i. MINNIE MAUDIE8 ISENHOUR, b. Nov 25, 1883, Texas; d. Dec 27, 1961, Riverside, Riverside Co., Ca.
3. ii. ANNIE LUCINDA ISENHOUR, b. Dec 23, 1885, Piscah Ridge, Johnson Co., Tx; d. Jan 22, 1963, Abilene, Taylor Co., Tx.
Generation No. 2
2. MINNIE MAUDIE8 ISENHOUR (SAMUEL VALENTINE7, VALENTINE6, JOHN D.5, JOHANNES "JOHN"4, MARTIN3 EISENHOWER, HANS NICHOLAS2 EISENHAUER, HANS PETER1 EISENHAULER) was born Nov 25, 1883 in Texas, and died Dec 27, 1961 in Riverside, Riverside Co., Ca (Source: THE PRESS Riverside, California December 28, 1961 Community RecordDeath notices: MONTGOMERY - In Riverside, Calif., Dec. 27, 1961, Mrs. Minnie Maude Montgomery, age 78 years. Wife of William F. Montgomery of 3959 Ridge Rd., Riverside, Calif. Mother of Mrs. Eva B. Cantarini of 3927 Ridge Rd., Riverside; Cecil N. Montgomery of Riverside, Samuel V. Montgomery of Trona, Calif. Sister of Mrs. G. E. Thornton of Abilene, Texas. Also survived by nine grandsons and one granddaughter, 22 great grandchildren. Services will be conducted Saturday morning at 10 o'clock in the Nazarene Church, Third and Lime. Reverend Arnold Carlson officiating. Interment in Crestlawn Memorial Park Cemetery. M. H. Simons & Co., Directors.). She married WILLIAM F. MONTGOMERY Nov 01, 1903 in Callahan Co., Tx. He was born Jun 13, 1873 in Ark, and died Jun 06, 1966 in Riverside, Riverside Co.,Ca (Source: THE PRESS Riverside, California June 7, 1966 Community record Death notices: MONTGOMERY - In Riverside, Calif., June 6, 1966. William F. Montgomery, aged 92 years. Late resident of 3927 Ridge Road. Father of Mrs. Eva B. Cantarini and C. H. Montgomery of Riverside. S. V. Montgomery of Lebanon, Ore. Also survived by eight grandchildren and 18 great grandchildren. Funeral services Thursday at 10 a.m. in the Acheson & Graham Chapel, Fourth and Main. Rev. Arnold R. Carlson, officiating. Interment in Crestlawn Memorial Park.).
Notes for WILLIAM F. MONTGOMERY:
1910 census of Callahan Co., Tx:
William F. Montgomery, 36, Ark
Maude Montgomery, 36, Texas
Beatrice Montgomery, 5, Texas
Cecil Montgomery, 4, Texas
S.V. Montgomery, 10/12, Texas
Children of MINNIE ISENHOUR and WILLIAM MONTGOMERY are:
i. EVA BEATRICE9 MONTGOMERY, b. Aug 13, 1904, Abilene, Taylor Co., Tx; d. Nov 14, 1998, San Bernardino Co., Ca (Source: Press Enterprise Obituary Notice dated November 18, 1998: Riverside-EVA CANTARINI-Graveside services for Eva Cantarini, formerly of Riverside, will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Pierce Brothers Crestlawn Memorial Park in Riverside. She died of pneumonia Saturday at her Rialto home. She was 94.Mrs. Cantarini, who was born in Abilene, Texas, lived in Rialto 23 years. She previously lived in Riverside 40 years. She was a homemaker. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Riverside. Mrs. Cantarini, is survived by her son William R. of Ventura; two grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.); m. JOHN A. CANTARINI; b. Aug 25, 1893, California; d. Aug 19, 1968, Riverside, Riverside Co., Ca.
Notes for EVA BEATRICE MONTGOMERY:
1930 census of Riverside, Riverside Co., Ca lists:
John A. Cantarini age 35 born in Ca and parents born in Switzerland and Beatrice E. Cantarini age 25 born in Texas
ii. CECIL N. MONTGOMERY, b. 1906, Texas.
iii. SAMUEL V. MONTGOMERY, b. Feb 22, 1909, Texas; d. Mar 30, 1978, Riverside, Riverside Co., Ca (Source: PRESS ENTERPRISE Obituary Notice Page C6 dated April 1, 1978:MONTGOMERY, Samuel V. aged 69 years. In Riverside, Calif., on March 30, 1978. Father of Ray Montgomery, Helen Furrow, and Fred Montgomery. Brother of Eva B. Cantorini and Cecil N. Montgomery . Also survived by 8 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren. Funeral services Monday, April 3 at 11:00 a.m. in the Acheson & Graham Garden of Prayer Chapel. Interment in Olivewood Cemetery.).
iv. MELVIN MONTGOMERY, b. Mar 11, 1912, Texas; d. Sep 09, 1943, San Bernardino Co., Ca (Source: According to Rootsweb California Death records. States his mother was an Eisenhower and dad was Montgomery and born in Texas on March 11, 1912 and died in San Bernardino Co., Texas on September 9, 1943 and his Social Security number is 553-05-1539).
Notes for MELVIN MONTGOMERY:
According to the 1930 census from Ca. listing his dad William F. Montgomery and mother Maud and his brother Samuel V. Montgomery.
3. ANNIE LUCINDA8 ISENHOUR (SAMUEL VALENTINE7, VALENTINE6, JOHN D.5, JOHANNES "JOHN"4, MARTIN3 EISENHOWER, HANS NICHOLAS2 EISENHAUER, HANS PETER1 EISENHAULER) was born Dec 23, 1885 in Piscah Ridge, Johnson Co., Tx, and died Jan 22, 1963 in Abilene, Taylor Co., Tx (Source: Abilene Reporter Obituary Notice dated January 23, 1963:Funeral for Mrs. Glenn E. Thornton, 77, resident of Abilene more than 76 years, will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday in the Laughter-North Chapel. Officiating will be R.L. Andrews of the S. 12th and Chestnut Church of Christ. Mrs. Thornton, who had been in ill heath for the past eight years, died at 2 a.m. Tuesday at her home at 910 Pecan St. Born Dec. 23 1885, in Navarro County, she came to Abilene with her parents, the late Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Valentine Isenhour, when an infant. The former Annie Lucinda Isenhour married Glenn E. Thornton May 22, 1913 in Abilene. She had been a member of the Church of Christ 56 years. Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Mrs. E.G. (Elzada) Freeman of Rt. 2 Abilene, and Mrs. W.T. (Martha) Ash of 934 Pecan; three grandsons, Twyman Ash, teacher in Abilene public schools, of 1701 Westview, and Grant and Glenn Freeman of Rt 2 Abilene; one great grandchild; one niece and two nieces, all of California. Mrs. W.F. Montgomery, her only sister, died Dec. 27, 1961, in Riverside, Calif.). She married GLENN "MAJOR" EVERETT THORNTON May 22, 1913 in Abilene, Taylor Co., Tx, son of PRESSLEY THORNTON and MATILDA MARSHALL. He was born Jan 26, 1882 in Ala, and died Jan 06, 1975 in Abilene, Taylor Co., Tx (Source: Abilene Reporter Obituary Notice dated January 7, 1975:Glen E. (Mage) Thornton, 92, of 910 Pecan St., longtime area ginner, died at 3:15 p.m. Monday at West Texas Medical Center after becoming ill at home earlier. Services are pending at North's Funeral Home, 242 Orange. Born January 26, 1882 in Alabama, Mr. Thornton moved to Abilene in 1906. He married Annie Lucinda Isenhour here in May 1913 and she died Jan. 22, 1963. Survivors include two daughters, Mrs. Elzada Freeman of 910 Pecan and Mrs. William (Martha) Ash of 934 Pecan; three grandsons, Twyman Ash of Port Arthur, former Abilene High School coach, Grant Freeman of 2902 Vine and Glenn Ash (this should be last name Freeman) of 1902 Ballinger; five great-grand-children; and one sister, Mrs. Mae Evans Edins of 518 Chestnut.).
Notes for ANNIE LUCINDA ISENHOUR:
1930 census Pcnt. 1, Abilene, Taylor Co., Tx:
Glenn E. Thornton 46 born in Alabama
Annie L. Thornton 44 born in U.S.
Gladys E. Thornton 15 born in Texas
Martha L. Thornton 13 born in Texas
Notes for GLENN "MAJOR" EVERETT THORNTON:
Corsicana, Tx Peace Officer per information from Twyman Ash.
Children of ANNIE ISENHOUR and GLENN THORNTON are:
i. GLADYS ELZADA9 THORNTON, b. Apr 20, 1914, Abilene, Taylor Co., Tx; m. ELLIS GADDY FREEMAN, Jan 01, 1939, Anson, Tx; b. Feb 26, 1913, Hopkins Co., Tx; d. Dec 05, 1983, Abilene, Taylor Co., Tx (Source: Abilene Reporter Obituary Notice dated December 6, 1983:Merkel- Ellis Gaddy Freeman, 70, a retired farmer from Merkel, died Monday afternoon at his home. Services are pending with North's Funeral Home 242 Orange St. Born Feb. 26, 1913 in Hopkins County, he was reared in Hopkins and Dickens counties, then moved to Roaring Springs in 1921. He married Elzada Thornton Jan. 1, 1939, in Anson, A farmer in Jones and Callahan counties for more than 20 years, he retired in 1965. A World War II Army veteran, he served with the 84th Infantry Division. He was a member of Highland Park Baptist Church. Survivors include two sons, Grant and Glenn, both of Abilene; two sisters, Lorena Johnson and Jimmie Jo Sealy, both of Sulphur Springs; and five grandchildren.).
ii. MARTHA LUZON THORNTON, b. Dec 13, 1916, Abilene, Taylor Co., Tx; d. Aug 02, 1979, Aransas Pass, San Patricio Co., Tx (Source: Abilene Reported Obituary notice dated August 4, 1979:Martha Luzon Ash, 62, of 934 Pecan died at 6:30 a.m. Thursday at her summer home in Aransas Pass after a brief illness. Services will be at 2:30 p.m. Saturday in Elliott-Hamil Funeral Home Chapel of Faith, Hwy. 277. Dr. Rex Kyker of Southern Hills Church of Christ will officiate. Burial will be in Elmwood Memorial Park. Born December 13, 1916, in Abilene, she married W.T. Ash December 17, 1932, in Abilene. She was a life-time resident of Abilene and attended Abilene schools. She was a member of Southern Hills Church of Christ. She was employed by T.S. Langford and Sons for 25 years. Survivors include her husband; a son, Twyman Glenn Ash of Port Arthur; a sister, Gladys Elzada Freeman of 910 Pecan; and a grand-daughter, Kelly Ash of Port Arthur. Pallbearers will be Jack Gilstrap, Clay Long, Harl Hawkins, Johnny Bell, Stewart Eddington, and Grant Freeman.); m. WILLIAM "BILL" TWYMAN ASH (Source: Informtion from Jana Randall at Txsroots@aol.com
), Dec 17, 1932, Abilene, Taylor Co., Tx; b. May 27, 1915, Merkel, Taylor Co., Tx; d. Nov 07, 1986, Abilene, Taylor Co., Tx (Source: Abilene Reporter Obituary Notice dated November 8, 1986:William Twyman "Bill" Ash, 71, of 934 Pecan St.died Friday at a location hospital.Graveside services will be 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Elmwood Memorial Park with Hubert Connolly and Sam Gorman officiating. Services directed by Elliott-Hamil Funeral Home, 542 Hickory. Born in Merkel, he lived in Abilene most of his life. He was a plumber for Allen Plumbing for 12 years and previously was employed by Mims Building Engineer for 25 years. He was the widower of Martha Luzon. Survivors include a son, Twyman Glenn Ash of Groves; a granddaughter, Kelly Stinnette of Nederland; a step-grandson, Jeff Fink of Texarkana; a great grandson, Stryker Stinnette of Nederland; a brother, Louis F. Ash of Abilene; and two aunts of Merkel.).