Search for content in message boards

Huff family of Georgia

Replies: 0

Huff family of Georgia

Posted: 1037319947000
Classification: Query
***Note- I am using my aunt's membership. If you would like to contact me, please do so at

I am at a standstill with this branch of my family and would like to share info with anyone who may help. My g-grandmother was Minnie Maybelle Huff, daughter of William P. Huff and Alice Nancy Smith of Georgia. Her husband was Clifford E. Fields. I have the following info on the family:

Minnie Maybelle Huff
b. 2 Jan 1892 in Athens, GA
d. Dec 1925 in Athens (thought she was in labor, but her appendix had ruptured)
m. Clifford E. Fields b. Sept 1894 in Clarkesboro, GA and he died from throat cancer 22 Oct 1937 in Fulton Co., GA
Their children were Thelma, Roy Lee, Freddie, Jack and my grandfather, William Clifford Fields of Kansas City, MO. The children were adopted out after the death of their parents.

Minnie's parents were:
William P. Huff b. 9 Mar 1868 d. 6 Oct 1924 in Madison
Alice Nancy Smith b. 7 Feb 1871 d. 8 Jan. 1825 in Athens, GA (her obit that I have states that she and her husband were burned in a car fire near Madison on their way to Florida on vacation- he did right away, but she hung on for a year)
Their children were Jessie Lee Huff, Minnie, Annie Maude Huff Williams, William Walter Huff, Mattie Pearl Huff Beavers, Mary Lily Huff Smith, Hubert Brown Huff, and Clara Lee Huff Castleman.

William's parents were:
John P. Huff b. 1833 and Lucy (unknown) b. 1836
The only other thing I know about John is that he served in the Confederacy and was captured with his brother Doc. I would love to have his war records or info on where to find them!

John's father was Littleberry Huff b. before 1815. He was the son of Henry Huff b. before 1800. His grandfather was Valentine Huff who immigrated from Germany to Philadelphia in 1744. He was naturalized in Oley's Township, Berks Co. PA in 1761.

I have pictures of the Huff family and would love to share. Please contact me with any info.

Brandi Fields

Find a board about a specific topic