Daniel HOWLAND

Replies: 0

Daniel HOWLAND

Posted: 1528666791000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1528667960000
Surnames: HOWLAND / MUIR / MORSE
Hi, Lila,
Firstly, I am writing to you about the brother of Mary Campbell HOWLAND (who was born abt. 1813, my second great grandmother) . Her brother's name may be Daniel H. HOWLAND, born 1809. He died in 1859, NOT 1959. They were children of Daniel HOWLAND & Thankful MORSE. I do not have recorded proof of births.

Secondly, about 1842, his sister Mary married my great grandfather, William MUIR, in St. George's Church"i n the fashionable church in Charlotte Square, at the north end of Queen St., Edinburgh (Scotland)" according to family records. Mary Campbell HOWLAND was born, we were told, in Boston, but it may have been Dartmouth or ? Both she and her husband, William MUIR, born 1801, were children of ship-owners, (who were Daniel HOWLAND, born 1749 married to Thankful MORSE, and Willian MUIR, born 1767 of Altona, then in Denmark, married to Janet COWAN, both born in Scotland), but I do not know how she (Mary Campbell HOWLAND) ended up in Scotland, getting married to William MUIR. I do know that her father, Daniel HOWLAND, born 06 July 1788, is a descendant of John HOWLAND (a Mayflower passenger, according to the John HOWLAND Society) and was last recorded as LOST AT SEA. The Society suggested he could have been "LOST" 20th Sept. 1832 on board his nephew's ship...he, too, was LOST AT SEA. If you have any information on this family, I would love to share it with you. Last month, I was in Plymouth and it rekindled my search on the HOWLAND Family. I can be reached at jwhite@telus.net. I live in the Vancouver, Canada area. Thanks...Janet

Find a board about a specific topic